Series of Unfortunate Events

Start from the beginning

"I had a bad morning," I countered "I made a mistake."

"What about your foul language? And the sneaking over to Matt's room during lunch, or this persistent bad attitude?" He questioned listing off a pile of my infractions. My eyes widened at the mention of Matt. "Surprised I know about your little trips to his dorm?" he questioned cocking a brow.

He was fishing for a confession of guilt....he couldn't possibly know...he was guessing at best...he had to be.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said playing appalled.

"Ok, apparently we can add lying to your list of recent infractions." Joe said without skipping a beat.
I shut my mouth deciding not to say another word...this grave was deep enough already, no use digging myself deeper. The gravity of my precarious situation finally hit me and I felt ill. He wasn't fishing for a confession...he KNEW. Suddenly I became irritated...he knew? How?

"Have you been spying on me?" I questioned no longer concerned with the fact that I was confirming his accusation.

Joe smirked. "I don't need to spy Cecelia," he seethed.

"Then how did you know?" I countered.

"Don't worry about how I know," he barked "It is not to happen again, is that clear?" I racked my brain trying to think of how he had found out...how long had he known exactly? Had he just been tucking this information away for a rainy day or was he just informed? "Is.That.Clear?" He repeated again, this time with emphasis on each word.

"YES!" I spouted still deep in thought. Joe cocked a brow and crossed his arms over his chest shifting his weight, this little action brought me out of my train of thought. Let it be known, I don't care who it is, when a guy crosses his arms over his chest, that is male body language speak for 'now I'm pissed' it is best to stop whatever argument you are in at that moment because once that body language is spoken...it's over. "Yes, Sir," I amended.

Joe nodded and unfolded his arms before scribbling his name on an excused tardy slip. "Get to class," he said handing me the slip "We will discuss this more at home."

Awesome, can't wait.

"How did he find out?" Morgan questioned at lunch as we sat at our usual table, or should I say the table we always sat at before I started spending all my lunch hours with Matt.

"I don't know," I said with a shrug "He wouldn't tell me."

"Hey," Matt said as he sat down beside me at the table.

"Hey," I mirrored his greeting with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" he questioned opening his bottle of water and taking a sip.

"I'm in big trouble," I said. "Joe is pissed."

"About the paper?" he questioned.

"No, Nick brought the paper," I said shaking my head. "I don't know how but Joe knows that I have been spending my lunches in your room."

Matt sighed. "He probably heard it from the dean," Matt said knowingly.

"Why would you say that?" I questioned confused.

"I just came from his office," Matt said.

I cocked a brow in confusion. "YOU told him?"

Matt narrowed his eyes giving me an 'are you kidding' look. "No, Why would I tell on myself?"

"Well, what happened?" I questioned.

Matt shrugged. "I got called to his office and he said that someone had reported that you had been hanging out in my room. He let me off with a verbal warning and a mark on my record but if it happens again I'm in deep shit. Oh, and he will be contacting my parents...can't wait for that call later."