Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Bad Day

Today I'm officially 16 weeks and it's the day after Christmas. Marco is on his way to pick me up. I dressed in sweats since I don't have any more maternity clothes. Hopefully Marco can take me shopping after the ultrasound.

I waited downstairs for Marco. Finally, the doorbell rang and I got up to answer the door. Marco wore jeans with a white t-shirt, and a black coat.

"Hey." I greeted, putting my coat on and closing the door behind me.

"Hey." He greeted back, walking to the car with me.

I got in the car and relaxed. Marco hadn't turned the car off, so it was already warmed up. Marco pulled out of the driveway and drove to the doctors.

"Um..." I started. "I was wondering if you could take me shopping after the ultrasound. I need maternity clothes."

He sighed. "Yeah I guess. Just, can we not take so long? I'm tired."

"How late did you go to bed?"

"I don't know. My nieces kept me up all night. They slept over last night."

"Awww. And they kept they're cousin up all night. What did you want them to do. They love you so much, they just wanted to play."

"Yeah, maybe. But you're not the one that was forced to stay up and play. I had to force myself up this morning. I left them asleep."

"Well, we'll try and make this quick so you can get back."

I signed in once in the doctor's office, and waited to be called. I was feeling a little tired when Dr. Miller finally called us back. We got up and followed her to a room. I did the routine and waited for the cold jell.

"How are we today?" Dr. Miller asked us.

"I'm a little exhausted, but I'm fine. And you?"

"I'm doing great. Let's see how the twins are doing."

Dr. Miller looked at the twins. I looked over at Marco to see him sitting on the floor, asleep. They must've kept him up really late.

"Do you want to find out the genders?" My heart began to race. I thought I had to wait another week, but why wait?

"Yeah!" I looked at Marco. "Marco, wake up." He didn't budge. "Marco!" He still didn't move. I found something and chucked it at him. He jumped awake.

"What?" He asked.

He stood up and came over to me. I took his hand and looked up at him, smiling.

"We can find out the genders."

"Okay. Well let's have it."

"Well, baby B is... officially a girl." I smiled, squeezing Marco's hand a little.

"We're having a little girl." I said to Marco.

"Yeah." He just stared at the screen. I thought I saw a small smile on his face, but I must've been imagining it because it was gone once I blinked.

"And Baby A has their legs crossed. Looks like you have a mystery baby." I frowned, though I'm happy to know at least one.

Marco's P.O.V*

Bailey got the pictures and we left. I'm going to have a daughter. A little girl. Bailey's face was lit up as I drove to the mall.

"This is great!" Bailey exclaimed. "We're going to have a daughter!"

"Yeah." I muttered.

"I don't get you." Bailey said in a small voice. "You say you love me, but not enough to stay with me."