Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

Chapter 1

Bad Boys

*Bailey*

            I still can't believe this is the last day of summer vacation. Juniors, that's what my besties and I will be this year. Only two years left before we're free from the prison we call high school.

            I walk along the beach, the hot sand warming the soles of my feet. Kassia, my best friend, walks alongside me chatting about the expectations of this upcoming school year. Her waist length, pale brown hair dances in the breeze around her. The sunlight hits her big grey eyes just perfectly to make them twinkle. The bright pink fringe bikini she wears is striking against her sun kissed skin.

            "We are going to dominate the cheer team this year!" She says excitedly.

            "I don't know if I feel like dealing with Kelsey and her friends. Not to mention she absolutely hate us. Is it really worth it?"

            "If we let her scare us off, she wins." Kassia frowns. "We can't let that bitch trample over us again."

            "Bailey! Kassia!" Our attention is drawn to our best friend Spencer. His long black hair bounces as he jogs towards us. Spencer has always been the type of guy that girls fawn over. He has the kindest chocolate brown eyes, and the brightest smile. He's the type of person who listens when you speak and I swear he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I'm also sure his abs draw a lot of the attention too. Even Kassia and I realize how attractive he is, however we would never take that step outside of the friend zone. We've all been close for so long, it would be like dating our brother.

            "Hey, Kelsey and her friends are heading this way." Spencer says out of breath. "I suggest we start heading in the opposite direction."

            I spot Kelsey and her friends over Spencer's shoulder and turn to leave. Before I can take a step in the opposite direction, she shouts my name.

            "Hey Bailey!" The shrill sound of her voice instantly makes me cringe and a chill run up my spine.

            I reluctantly turn to face her and frown. She wears a white bikini and her long blonde hair falls freely to her waist. Her blue eyes match the ocean and her 5"11 height makes her legs seem endless. Lacey wears a black cut out bikini that looks great against her sun kissed skin. Her dark brown hair is tied up in a messy bun with a few loose strands catching in the breeze. Casey, a shorter girl, has her blonde hair up in a tight ponytail. She wears a cute green and purple bikini that compliments her green eyes. Each of them wear matching anchor belly button rings.

            Kelsey's boyfriend Kyle, shows off his perfectly chiseled abs with no shame and his spiky brown hair blows in the breeze. His right arm is completely covered in colorful tattoos and his left brow and lip is pierced. Dustin, Lacey's boyfriend, seems far more innocent compared to Kyle. Dustin only has a nose piercing and a tattoo of a dragon on his left shoulder. His hair is cropped, a new hair cut since his hair was longer last year. He too has perfect abs that only make me wonder if they ever do anything besides work out five days a week.

            "I'm having a little get together at my house tonight." Kelsey says. "One last night of fun before we're buried to our necks in homework."

            "How do we know this isn't a trap?" Kassia asks, crossing her arms over her chest.

            "We know we're not exactly nice to you." Kelsey says sadly. "But we're trying our best to make up for it. We're hoping you'll find it in your heart to forgive us. Please just come to the party."