Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Another Gang

Marco's P.O.V*

Candice fell asleep, so I got up and got dressed. I left Candice on the couch and grabbed my board. I left out the house and headed home. It took me a while to get there, but when I did, I quickly made my way to the back of the house and climbed the vines up to my room. I put my board in first and climbed through. My room was the same way I'd left it. I felt tired so I just went to bed, not bothering to change my clothes.

The next day, I woke up with a headache. I slowly got up and went downstairs. It's 2:00 and my mom is still at work. I got a bowl of cereal and ate before taking a shower. I got out and went to get dressed. I dressed in sweats and a t-shirt. I grabbed my phone and checked it for messages and missed calls. I'd had one missed call from Bailey. Why would she call me after what happened yesterday? I was about to call her back when the doorbell rang. I put my phone on my bed and went to answer the door.

I ran down the stairs and to the door. I opened the door and was a little surprised to see Bailey. She didn't look happy to be here, which made me wonder more about why she's here.

"Hey." I said. "I'm surprised to see you here."

"Yeah well, I don't want to be here." She said in an annoyed voice. "I want my ultrasound pictures."

"Oh, alright. Come in." I misplaced the pictures, not wanting to look at them.

Bailey came in and followed me into the kitchen. I walked to a stack a mail on the counter and looked through it for the pictures.

"Why weren't you in school today? You don't look sick."

"I'm suspended."

"What? For how long?"

"10 days, 2 weeks." The pictures weren't in the stack of mail, so I went to search in my room. Bailey followed me quietly.

I searched every place in my room for the pictures while Bailey sat on my bed. She looked tired and worn.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm just exhausted."

"What did you do today?"

"Nothing. It's just the pregnancy. I'm always tired and exhausted."

I found something in my closet that I haven't seen for a while. I pulled it out and held it up. There were a few dirt patches on it but it was still in good shape.

"Look what I found." I said, turning to Bailey. I held up the object. "It's the polar bear I won you at the carnival."

"Oh yeah. I never got that back."

"Do you want it? If not, I'm going to throw it away."

"No, I want it. It would be good for the babies once it's cleaned off."

I tossed it to her and she caught it. I went back to searching through my closet and finally found the pictures. There were a little wrinkled, but they were still good. Maybe I can try and flatten them out. My phone rang and I looked up to see Bailey looking at my phone.

"Who is it?" I asked her.

"I don't know. There's no name."

"You can answer it. Give me a minute."

Bailey answered my phone while I tried to flatten the pictures. I listened in as she talked with the person on the other end.

"'Uh, he's not available right now can I take a message?" She asked the person.