Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Preparing

When I got home, my mom was reading a book and my dad was doing bills.

"Hey." I greeted. "How did the dinner go?"

"Hey sweetie." My mom greeted. "It went well. Your father thinks it could've gone better."

"Yes, it could've gone better. I was tongue tied the entire time. If it weren't for your mother, I would probably be fired." My dad said.

"Tim, he wouldn't have fired you. Besides, you did fine. I know you're going to get that promotion."

"Eh, if you say so."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. My dad was probably fine. His nerves are just acting up.

"Marco finished the room. We should go see it." I said.

"Oh, really? Well alright. Come on Tim."

My dad slowly got up. "I still can't believe you trusted him in our house."

"He's a nice boy." My mom said.

"That's what he wants you to think."

We got upstairs and into the room. My breath got caught in my chest when I saw the room The painting was amazing, and I recognized Marco's drawing skills. I couldn't help the smile that came to my face.

"I have to admit." My dad started. "The kid has serious drawing skills."

"It's gorgeous." My mom muttered. "The only things missing are the cribs, dresser, changing table, and toys. We'll go shopping this weekend."

After admiring the room, we all headed back downstairs. I was hungry, so I made a sandwich. I was just finishing, when my mom came into the kitchen.

"Honey, do you think you can run this money over to Marco's?" She asked me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "It'll only take a minute."

"Why can't you do it?"

"Because I'm asking you to. Please?"

"Fine. No one touch my sandwich."

I drove to Marco's house, a little angry. My mom could've done this herself. I'm hungry and she made me leave a perfectly good sandwich. I pulled in front of the familiar yellow house. I parked and got out. I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. I waited a minute. No one answered so I rang the doorbell again and waited. Still no answer. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I dialed Marco's number and waited for him to answer. It rang a few times and he answered. There was yelling and laughing in the background.

"Hey Bailey." He answered. I could barely hear him over the noise.

"Marco? I can't hear you."

"Hold on."

Marco's P.O.V*

I moved away from the guys. They were laughing and yelling as they congratulated Paul. Randy laid on the ground limp. Once far enough away, I tried talking to Bailey again.

"Still there?" I asked.

"Yeah. What's with all the noise?"

"Nothing. What's up?"

"I'm at your house. My mom wanted me to drop of some money to you."

"Oh, uh..."

"Hey Marco! We need help!" Kyle called over to me.

"What do you want me to do with it? It's freezing."

"Just stick it in a pot. I'll be there later." I ended the call and went to help my friends. We picked up the kid and dragged him to a nearby garbage can. We lift him up and put him inside. We close the lid and leave.