Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Is There Such A Thing As True Friends?

After Dustin left, Marco sat next to me. He put his left arm around me and held his skateboard in his right. I gave him a small smile.

"Why aren't you talking to the girls?" He asked me.

"They don't like me. They said they all dated you and that I'm not that pretty, so I walked away."

"They said that? You're gorgeous! They're just jealous. They've had a crush on me forever. Don't worry about them." I gave him a bigger smile. "You don't have to stay here if you don't want to. I could drop you off at home."

I didn't want to go home. I may be bored, but I want to spend time with Marco. Where does he usually go after this?

"No, I want to stay here." I told him.

"Alright. I'll tell the guys to wrap it up." He gave me a small kiss on my cheek that brought a chill down my spine. He then got up and jogged towards the ramps. He told Chase and Lance something and they nodded in agreement. Then they went back to skateboarding.

After a while, I heard the familiar sound of a skateboard coming towards me. I looked up to see Dustin riding towards me on his skateboard. He stopped directly in front of me and smiled.

"You look bored." He said with a smile on his face.

"I am, but Marco said we're leaving soon. I can wait."

"Why don't you try?" I was confused. Try what? But then I saw he was holding his board out towards me.

I looked at Dustin like he was crazy. He actually wanted me to attempt to ride that death trap? He must be crazy.

"I see the expression on your face. Come on, I won't let you fall. I promise." He gently took my hand and pulled me over to a place that wasn't so crowded. He set the board on the ground. I stepped on it and it rolled. I fell backwards, but before I could hit the ground, Dustin caught me in his arms. I smiled up at him and stood up straight.

I held on to Dustin this time before I got on. It was more successful this time. Dustin began to push me and it soon became fun. I smiled and laughed. I heard Dustin give a low chuckle. Why is he being so nice to me all of a sudden?

Marco's P.O.V*

I did a 180 and landed perfectly. Eric and Paul were flirting with some girls. At least they're trying outside of school. I turned to see how Bailey was doing and I was surprised to see her no longer sitting there. I looked around and finally saw her with Dustin. She was smiling and laughing. She was holding on to Dustin as he pushed her on the skateboard. I studied Dustin. He was smiling, but he had that look of mischief in his eyes. He's flirting with Bailey?

I marched over to them, but I tried to keep calm. Dustin looked up at me and the smile wiped from his face.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" I asked Bailey. I didn't really want to stay any longer. I would talk to Dustin later and get an explanation out of him.

"Yeah, sure." She responded, the smile still on her face.

"What about us?" Dustin asked.

"Come now and I'll drop you off, or find another ride home." I said a little bitterly.

"I'll come." He smiled at Bailey.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I wrapped an arm around Bailey and walked away, leaving Dustin with a confused look on his face.

I told the other guys we were leaving and they could get a ride home. Kyle and Eric were the only ones that came. Bailey sat in the back with them. It was completely quiet except for the radio. Dustin must've been up to something if the other guys aren't talking to her. But why my Right hand man? We've been friends since the third grade.