Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Back To School Dance

It's Saturday, the night of the dance and I only have an hour left to get ready. I had lost track of time, watching TV. I rushed upstairs to take a shower and get dressed. After my shower, I quickly blow dried my hair so it wouldn't get my dress wet. After my hair was mostly dry, I slipped on my underclothes and slipped on my dress which was pink with lace covering it and a black band was around the waist. The top was lined with two black lines. The top line was jagged like, and the one underneath was flat with a small bow. I slipped on some black heals and went into the bathroom to pin up my hair. After my hair was pinned back, I put eyeliner, mascara, pink eye shadow, and light pink lip gloss. I looked myself over and went downstairs.

As I was about to step off the last step, the doorbell rang. I answered it and Marco was standing before me wearing black jeans with a white dress shirt and tie, and black vans. It was casual yet dressy and he looked super hot.

"Hey." I greeted him. I shut the door behind me and followed him to his car. Marco pulled off and headed towards the school. "You look nice."

"Well there's no way I'll be getting all of the attention when you look like that." I blushed and smiled.

Marco pulled into the crowded parking lot. We searched for a parking space and we finally found one. Marco pulled in and parked the car. I got out and Marco took my hand. We walked towards the entrance of the gym. I could hear music blasting and see people dancing. We walked up to the entrance and paid our way in. We walked in and there were balloons, a snack bar, and a couple of tables set up. The dance floor was filled and there was some people talking. I even saw some couples arguing although the dance just started.

Marco and I walked deeper into the crowd of people. We ended up on the dance floor so Marco and I began to dance. He was good as his body moved in sync with mine. He leaned down and kissed me.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I responded.

We began to get tired so we walked over to the snack table to get a snack. I got a handful of pretzels and Marco stuck with a drink.

"Are Lacey and Dustin here?" I asked him.

"No. They're not broken up, but they're not talking to each other. The other guys should be here and of course the girls.

"I hope they get back together." I may not like either of them, but they seemed good together. It's sad that they may break up.

"Me too. It'll keep him away from you." I gave him an 'are-you-kidding-me' look. "I trust you completely. It's him I don't trust." I smiled. At least I know he trusts me.

Soon, I saw Marco's gang approaching us. I became nervous for some reason. The guys don't acknowledge me, it's only the girls that bad mouth me.

"Hey Marco. When did you get here?" Chase asked. None of them even noticed that I'm here.

"Not long ago. About thirty minutes."

"This is a sick party, right?" Kyle asked with a big smile.

"It would be even better if the girls weren't being so dramatic." Lance complained.

"Well they're girls, what do you expect?" Paul commented. I became insulted. What does he mean 'well they're girls, what do you expect?'. I'm a girl, what do they expect from me?

I crossed my arms and glared at Paul. Do they really not see me standing here? Did they think Marco came alone?

"Really Paul? Bailey's standing right here." They all looked at me and I could tell they didn't notice me. I know I'm a nobody, but now I feel really lousy.