08: The Calibrated Contract

Începe de la început

"Informal or not, and if you do bring the company back or bring it down even more, we had already signed the contract. Again, I don't approve of this. End of conversation," he said.

"Sir, please. We're not talking about charity here. We're talking about my welfare – my well-being. With all due respect, how can you honestly expect me to work without getting paid? As much as I want to acquire another job to support my needs, I can't as I have to work all-nighters for your company. Besides, we can just make another contract, as long as you agree of course."

The CEO groaned for the third time, his eyes drooping as he felt restless.

Rubbing his fingers on his temples, he signed, knowing that he should just agree with the argument if he wanted to sleep already. "Fine. I'll make the revisions on the contract tomorrow morning, but do not expect me to make unnecessary adjustments in the future, understand?" He sternly said, his eyes already closed from drowsiness.

He had been sleeping less and less the preceding days, too, from the stress emanating from the issues that had been posted in the internet, much less the lawsuit Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun who had apparently filed against him for being a physical abuser.

"Sir, about that, I have the original contract with me. I did ask for your permission to take the contract home earlier, remember? Also, I have already typed in the new contract that I made with the revision we discussed, and I also sent you a copy on e-mail. I made it simpler as well, with less words. I do think that it would be best to read the document to you right now in case you want me to change anything."

Chanyeol sighed, acknowledging her words as he fought back the sleep that was haunting him at the moment. "Go on."

"Okay, here goes. Agreement made as of this nineteenth of October year 2015, by and between the employer and the CEO of PCY Corporation, Park Chanyeol, having the company's principal office at Seocho-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea, and the employee, Choi Hana. The employee wishes to provide her service with the sole purpose of bringing the company back its lost reputation to the public, and in return shall the employer consider precedence of the matter and the recommendations that the employee may suggest, minding the primacy of both parties.

The employer, on the other hand, shall supply the employee with the proper pay check so as to her service, as well as the necessary information that will be needed during certain circumstances. The agreement will only commence over two weeks, until the third of February, 2015. The employee therefore will be subjected to shouldering the necessary damages and expenses acquired over the due of time, which is to be paid after a month. Moreover, the employer will be subjected to cooperation, but can possible deny any suggestion if it affects the company's stability. Likewise, the employee cannot converse into action without the employer's approval. As such, in a span of two weeks that the employee manages to improve the company's welfare shall the employer grant her the secretarial position permanently. Failure to comply with the requisites above will subject to a breach of contract, which may result in a lawsuit."

Hana spoke, the contents of the contract as stated. "That's about the content I placed in the contract, excluding the other minor details that need not to be said anymore. Is the content to your approval though?" She asked, her voice hopeful.

Chanyeol, who previously had his eyes closed from drowsiness, was now officially sleeping, his head resting on the headboard with his phone on his lap. He had been unaware of the other person speaking on the other line, as he was already drifting into sleep. His head had slightly shifted in its position, his breathing soft as his eyes stayed closed from fatigue.

Light snoring could be heard on the other line, which made the other sigh.

"You should've just told me you were sleepy. I wouldn't have talked to no one then. Good night, sir."