Chapter 15

They all turned to him in shock, Gary smirked.

"Gary Oak will be taking the place of May during this season o-", the announcer started.

"What?!", Misty, Dawn and Ash said interrupting him. Serena just looked very confused.

"Who is he?", Serena asked. Dawn was about to reply but Gary stepped up right in front of Serena before she could.

"We could get to know each other..", Gary said, "Serena, is it?." He had that arrogant smirk that only could look good on Gary.

"Y-yes", Serena replied. Ash glared at him and sighed turning to the announcer.

"Why is he here?", Ash asked.

"Because he'll be competing, just like your other frien-", the announcer started.

"I'm not gay and I'm pretty sure he isn't either", Ash said. The announcer frowned not liking how often he was being interrupted.

Gary shrugged, "I can swing both ways." Ash cringed.

"Either way, that does make this show a lot more interesting!", the announce said grinning, "All of you meet back here tomorrow morning for another surprise."

"I'm getting a bit tired of surprises..", Misty said, Dawn nodded.

•••

Later that day, everyone was lounging in the sitting area. Everyone except Ash who was too weirded out by this entire thing and decided to spend his afternoon training with Pikachu.

"So.. how've you been?", Gary asked.

"Good", Misty answered plainly.
"Same", Dawn said unintentionally squeezing Piplup. Gary raised his eyebrow.

"Well, this is awkward..", Serena said quietly. Misty glared sat her, Dawn looked down.

"Did something.. never mind I don't really care", Gary said, "Honestly, I'm only here for the cash."

Dawn burst out laughing, Serena frowned. Misty glanced at Dawn and then Gary. That's when it all became clear to Misty.

Misty suddenly stood up, "Serena, I need to talk to you about something." They all looked at her. Dawn looked confused

"Hmm?", Serena stood up and Misty grabbed her hand dragging her to the other side of the room, "Hey!"

"Serena listen to me, I don't like you and you don't like me either.. but we need to form an alliance",  Misty said looking at Serena. Serena blinked.

"What?!", Serena said slightly confused looking from left to right in case someone was listening to them. No one was.. expect for the cameras of course.

Misty held both of Serena's hands staring her straight in the eye, "Serena, I really like Ash and so do you.. I swear we're the only ones in this competition who really do."

"You want to form an alliance.. with me? You're tying to get me to the finals..", Serena was really suspicious. This was too good to be true, especially after the things Misty had accused her of.

"I don't want to get you into the finals.. I want to get both of us into the finals and see how it goes from there", Misty said, ".. It's not that complicated."

"I-I.. I'm in", Serena said shaking Misty's hand.

Misty grinned, "May the best girl win."
Serena smiled slightly, "Good luck but I'm not going easy on you." Misty nodded and the two girls walked back to the others like nothing even happened. And that was how a new secret alliance was formed.

A/N: I realized I haven't updated this in so long, I am so sorry XD