Chapter 12

Later that evening, the girls were hanging out together on the couch. Everyone seemed to be in a cheerier mood even Dawn and May who had lost the maze game earlier. Misty was taking note of Serena's change in attitude, she was a more likable person than she had thought.

"So you're a Pokemon Performer? That's cool", Mist said.

"Yeah, it's extremely fun.. My dream is to become Kalos Queen one day...", Serena replied. Misty nodded, she had seen a Pokemon Showcase before.

"Dawn, didn't you want to go to that Pokemon Contest Academy? I remember you talking about that..", May asked. Dawn looked up.

"Uh, yeah it's in Sinnoh, I've been planning to go there", Dawn said. She decided not to mention the fact that she needed the 1 million polédollar prize to attend that school.

"Cool, I've been thinking of going there but I'm not sure if I can afford it", May replied. With a sad laugh, "I heard the tuition is really expensive." Dawn nodded.

"But your family is rich anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem", May said. Not exactly. Dawn's mother had told her that the greatest lesson for her was to work for her tuition. Johanna didn't come from the richest of families but she had managed to work her way up and became Top Coordinator. She didn't want to just hand her daughter cash whenever she wanted. Dawn believed her mother new what was best for her.

...

"I heard that tomorrow they'll be continuing the dates..", Serena said.

"Really? Tomorrow..", Misty replied.

"They'll probably tell us in the morning who's going, I wish they'll tell us some of these things in advance..", Serena complained. Misty slouched back in the couch, she sighed.

...

It was the next day, after everyone had gotten ready the girls where called for an announcement.

"As you girls have probably heard, the dates will be continuing...", the announcer started, "The first girl will be going this evening.. Serena."

Serena perked up, she was actually going first for once. Finally.

"Please meet back here by sundown." They were all dismissed.

...

"Hey, Misty look what I found..", Dawn said. She was sitting at the computer scrolling. She looked a bit distraught. Misty walked over, "What is it-", she looked at the screen, "Oh..."

The computer was on a popular social network called Pokébook. On this site people usually post updates about their daily lives and some companies advertised there. It's kind of like Facebook.

#FirstGymBadge
#LunchWithEevee
#LumioseHotel

You get the idea.

Dawn was on the page for PokéBachelors. Millions of people had liked the page. Dawn scrolled through the comments. They were all the similar.

'Serena is such a crybaby' - Vanessa, Snowpoint City.

'Misty is overrated'- John, Twin Leaf Town.

'Dawn is a snob'- Phoebe, New Bark Town.

'May sucks, she was so mean earlier this season'-  George, Littleroot Town.

'I'm glad Iris left, she annoys me'- Nora, Mauville City.

"I don't want to read this anymore!", Misty said looking away, "I hate this page..."

"We can't do anything about the comments, that's cost of putting ourselves out on television like this..", Dawn said almost regretfully.

"The producers don't do anything about all the negativity on this page?", Misty asked angrily.

"Nope, I have a feeling they even endorse it.. I mean, people love drama", Dawn said.

"I'm going to take a walk..", Misty said walking out the doors. She needed some fresh air.

...
Meanwhile in a large office, the announcer and the producer where talking.

"I've been watching the clips...", the producer said, ".. And I'm not pleased with the lack of conflict, we don't want this season to be boring!"

The announcer nodded, "I understand but there's not much I can do-"

"There's allot you can do!", the producer interrupted, "We've been doing this for years and you're just figuring this out?!" The announcer say there silently.

"Tears! Fights! Friendships destroyed! That's what people want to see..", the producer said, "After a hard day full of Pokemon battles you think people would want to sit down and watch something more boring than their own lives? No!"

"I understand."

"You better understand! I'll need some real drama in this by today's date with that Serena girl."

"Yes, of course", he replied quickly.

...

Misty was walking around the paths near the building, trying to clear her head. She noticed a camera in one of the bushes she walked past. She frowned, were was the privacy...

Serena was sitting inside by the window and watched Misty walk by. She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Tears! Fights! Friendships destroyed! That's what people want to see..", the producer said.

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I had a busy schedule.