Chapter 11

It was the next day, everyone was told that they had something scheduled but no one had told them what it was. Everyone was told to meet at the Tiki by 2pm for it. This of course, made them all worry about through the entire morning.

"What do you think the surprise is?", Serena asked May.

"I'm not sure...", May said uncertainly.

"I think it'll be some kind of game...", Misty added.

"That doesn't sound too hard", Dawn concluded.

...

Finally, when it was 2pm Ash and all the girls met up for the announcement.

"Today as we'll have you guys doing something a bit different from what you're use too", the announcer started, "..all of you will be going through a dangerous obstacle course with the help of your team-mates and Pokémon." Everyone stared at him, they weren't exactly expecting something like this. What does he mean by dangerous...

"The teams have already been decided ; Team 1 consists of Serena and Misty and Team 2 will be Misty and Dawn." The girls looked at their team-mates and nodded. Ash felt a bit left out.

"All of you will be dropped in the center of the maze.. your only objective is to escape it", the announcer said, "There will be traps, Pokémon and other obstacles in your way.. you would have to fight through them." Everyone tensed. All of this was quite new to them.

"The game with begin in an hour."

...

An hour later, the group went back outside to find a huge maze-like structure adhesive to the battle field.

"Good luck to you all!", the announcer said next to humongous structure.They all split up into their assigned groups and brought out their Pokemon.

"May the games begin!"

...

Misty and Serena ran in first, Misty held her Starmie and Serena's Pancham hung on her shoulder. They both stopped at a cross-road.

"Left or Right?", Misty asked. Serena looked around and guessed.

"Right.." They both both took the turn.

Dawn and May stood in the center and watched Misty and Serena run down. May had chosen Beautifly and Dawn took Piplup with her. May looked over at Dawn with a grin.

"We definitely have an advantage over them, Beautifly can fly over and lead us out." Dawn nodded and they both walked into the puzzling maze. Beautifly fluttered above them and guided them down the right turns. Suddenly it stopped and flew down quickly.

"What's wron-", May was interrupted by a defeating growl. Kangaskhaaaan!!

A boulder slammed into the wall beside them. May and Dawn flinched. The large Kangaskhan stood before them, blocking their way.

"Piplup use Bubble Beam!", Dawn shouted. Piplup responded quickly and jumped off Dawn's shoulder. It sprayed the Kangaskhan with water. The large Pokemon stumbled a bit but caught its balance. It then used Hyper Beam on the group causing everyone to tumble over each other.

"Beautifly use Psychic!" Beautifly flew above it and blasted it with Psychic. The Kangaskhan dropped to the ground and fainted. May and Dawn walked around it.

...
Misty and Serena where walking down the path Serena had chosen. Misty looked around for any obstacles.

"Misty?"

"Yeah."

"I don't understand you."

Misty looked over at Serena, puzzled. Serena sighed.

"I don't understand you either, Serena", Misty replied with a slight smile, "I know we both like-"

"I don't like Ash, I love him... I love him more than I love myself!"

Misty didn't reply, they both walked along. Suddenly, they heard a crumbling sound. They both stepped back cautiously.

A large Onix smashed through the maze's wall and slid towards them.

"Starmie, Water Gun!"

The star-fish Pokemon sprayed down the Rock/Ground type Pokemon.

"Pancham use Dark Pulse." The Onix finally collapsed.

"Hey look at this." The Onix had drilled a hole down the walls leading to outside.

"That was easier than I thought." Serena and Misty crawled through the hole and made it outside. May and Dawn eventually got outside too with the help of Beautifly.

"...And the winners are Misty and Serena!" Serena and Misty looked at each other and smiled. They all returned their Pokemon to their Pokeballs.

...

"Wow, that was tiring...", Dawn said with a laugh. They all agreed.

"I wonder what they'll make us do next time.." Misty said.

Dawn nodded.

...

"Hey Serena, how was it?", May asked.

"It was fun!", Serena replied. She was acting a bit more like herself, optimistic and happy...

I wonder why.

A/N: Stop arguing in the comments guys. XD