Chapter 14

Dawn was walking to her room when she noticed May running into her own in tears. She frowned and decided to check on her friend. Dawn knocked on May's door. The door swung open.

May was throwing her things into her suitcase and talking on the phone with a taxi company to pick her up at the same time. She hung up and looked up at Dawn who was standing at her doorway.

"Where are you going?", Dawn asked.

"Hoenn.. back home", May said shoving her clothes into her bag. Dawn was confused.

"You're dropping out of the show? You can't-", Dawn said.

"I can.. and I just did", May replied zipping up her bag. She grabbed her Pokédex and wallet from the desk. She walked up to Dawn at the doorway.

"Did something happen?", Dawn asked. She was concerned, May looked like she had seen a ghost.

"I would tell you if I could..", May said walking past Dawn and down the hall. The producer had threatened to sue her if she told anyone about what she had discovered. May walked back down the stairs and waited for her taxi.
Dawn followed her.

"What do you mean by that?", Dawn asked. The taxi came and May placed her bag in the trunk and closed it. She slid into the taxi and looked up at Dawn.

"Bye Dawn."

She closed the door and the taxi drove away. Dawn stood there in shock and eventually walked back to her room. She was still extremely confused.

...

"We need to talk? About what?", Serena asked. She knew exactly what she wanted to talk about.

"That.. website", Misty said, "I thought you were better than that..."

"I told you guys that I didn't make that website! Why don't you believe me?!", Serena shouted.

"Because everything else shows that you did make the website! Honestly Serena, if you're going to do something like that you shouldn't lie about it..", Misty ranted.

Serena walked away without saying another word. Even though I didn't make that website, it's kind of accurate on how I feel about her...

...

It was the next day, everyone was called to the Tiki for a surprise meeting. Serena and Misty stood on opposite sides of Dawn. They glared at each other. Dawn sighed. The cameras zoomed in on them.

"As you all probably already know, May has voluntarily left the competition", the announcer said. Serena, Misty and Ash looked at him in surprise. They had no idea.

"So, we have already found a perfect replacement for her", the announcer said, "Someone who would definitely.. spice up this competition."

They all looked at each other nervously, they have had enough drama already without a complete stranger joining them. Ash wasn't sure how comfortable he was about this.

"You all probably know him already", the announcer said.

Him?!

They all turned to the announcer simultaneously in shock. Ash was the most shocked of them all.

A tan auburn haired guy walked onto the field. Misty, Dawn and Ash recognized him. They were almost too shocked to speak.

"Gary Oak?!"