thirteen-lost and found

Aariz in media

June

"You may now be seated" the pastor said, I smoothed out my black summer dress and sat in my seat that was between Miles and Aariz with Noah on the end, in the first peu. while Patricia and Ezrah sat in the second pue. I stared emotionless at the open casket of mama.

She lived a month and a half before God called her home. It was one of the saddest moment's of my life watching my loved one die. She wasn't in pain thank goodness , she had enough pain meds to put down a elephant.

It was tough seeing her mind go slowly, one day knowing each of our names to not knowing who she was. I took the final week of her life off of work so I could be by her side along with the boy's. Josh sent his condolence while Gi was being a bitch. She was really getting jealous of me staying at the house. She didn't realise she was my mother too, and tried to get in my face about it. I put her in her place real quick and smacked the Asian out of her.

I told Miles I didn't want her here, because she was being disrespectful. And he agreed, she broke up with him after. That and after she found out he spent the night at my place. He told her over and over again nothing happened, and it didn't. We cried and went to sleep.

I listened as the pastor read the sermon and nodded my head agreeing with the words. I turned around and scanned the room seeing all of the family that flew in from DR. And way in the back with sunglasses on I saw Gi's fake ass. I just rolled my eye's and rubbed Aairz back as he began to cry while aunt titi was speaking in her thick Spanish accent.

She continued her speech with heartfelt words along with other relatives. As it was coming to a close it was the children's turn. Miles, Noah, and Aariz went up to the mic and Miles pulled our a letter we all wrote together. Before he started reading his uncle tapped me from behind. "Your one of her children to meha' why aren't you up there"? He asked then tuned back to the boy's.

"I would first like to say thank you everyone for being here. She would have been overwhelmed that everyone came. She was such a humble women. She would have said 'all this fuss over me' and that's one of the reasons we loved her so much. She thought of others and never of herself. When our father died she catered to us and pushed her hurt to the side. I re.... I reme...".

Miles couldn't finish the letter before he broke down Noah motioned for me to come up with teary eye's as family shouted that 'it's okay' and to 'let it out'.

I took over the mic and introduced myself for those who didn't know me, even though a majority of his family knew the situation.

"I'm going to finish where he left off. I remember hearing her cries to god why did he take him, I went and comfort her but still she was concerned about my brothers and I. She even took in my best friend Jacei when she was having trouble at home. She was really too good for this world and will be forever missed by the hearts she touched. You will for ever be in our hearts mama".

The boy's and I did a group hug as we broke down with Miles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The graveyard was clearing out as everyone was headed back to mamas house. After her death Miles talked to the boy's and decided to sell their child hood home. There was no buyers yet but still it was sad. So many memories took place in that house.

The family dinners, when Miles and I had our first fight, when Noah started sneaking girl's in the house and mama caught him, from me bring boy's home to meet her to Aariz cussing everyone out and mama slapping the taste out his mouth. And Just everything .

We all stood around the casket as it was lowered into the ground and said our final goodbyes. Including Ezrah, Patricia, and Gi.

"Just promise me one thing y'all"? Noah sniffles directing it to all of us"we stay a family, y'all my brothers and sisters man, no matta what life throws are way, promise we'll always stay tight".