Chapter 24- The Second Plague

I bolt into the prison.

     People are screaming "walkers!"—Zay is not amongst them, for she's at the cafeteria this morning (*sighs of disappointment*).

    I draw my gun and start gunning down walkers with Carol, Daryl, Glenn, and Rick.

    Carol helps kids escape while I cover her blind sides.

    I peer into a cell and see someone eating someone...

    "Patrick?" I ask and the Walker doesn't answer. Something slides off the walker's face and clatters to the cement floor.

    The black, circle-rimmed glasses that vaguely reminds me of Harry Potter.

  I look away and shoot him by just watching in the corner of my eye.

   I pull the trigger and he–no it–falls onto the person he ate.

—————

      I back away from the cell and realize we all cleared it out. I sigh with relief.

   It's over.

   Lizzie and Mika follow Carol into their a cell. I follow. I think I know why, because people die.

    I go after the two sisters, hugging them close to me.

    "I–I can do it." Lizzie suggests and Carol hands her the knife.

   Lizzie's armed hand hovers above her dad's head. Tears well up in her eyes and she starts sobbing. Mika and I turn Lizzie around and hold onto her.

   Carol takes her knife back.

    "Lizzie, just–just look at the flowers." Mika pleas and Lizzie starts sobbing harder.

    "Lizzie, be strong. Shh..." I tell her and her head turns slightly.

   "No–NO!" She cries as Carol stabs their dad. Lizzie buries her head into my shoulder and I hug her tighter. "No...!"

     "Shh...Lizzie, I'm so sorry..." I whisper and Mika and Carol join in on the comforting hug. "Lizzie, Mika...it's going to be..."

   ...fine. It's going to be fine.

    I don't know why I can't place that into a sentence.