Chapter 11- Lost & Found

I ran up to Will and pin him against the wall.

"You think you can just punch a Dixon and get away with it?" I snarl and I punch him in the nose.

Will threw back another punch and we were in a full-on fight until Carl and Daryl grab us.

"What happened!?" Carl demands as he holds me back.

"He beat me! So now we're even!" I snarled and Daryl glares at Will, his eyes like daggers.

"Will, you need to leave." Daryl says and he leads Will out of the cell block and I smile. Then I realize that I've become...such a monster. I reacted with violence because that's who I am now.

Carl wraps me up in a hug. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks and I shook my head.

"I'm a Dixon, things like that don't just go away." I say, smiling. I put an arm around Carl's shoulder. "Well Grimes, What now?" I ask, smirking.

"We could go hunting, you can teach me." Carl suggests and I nod.

"Sounds good." I say as I ran back to my cell to grab my knife and my bow.

We went into the woods near the prison and followed deer tracks. Then I heard faint sobbing. I nudge Carl's arm it's my elbow and we ran in the direction of the sobbing.

There was a girl no older than eleven was sitting against a tree, sobbing and mumbling "MOM, DAD, MICHAEL!!!!" She was shivering and I knelt by her side.

She looked up, fear in her eyes.

"hey, hey. Don't worry. My name is Ember, we have a safe place you can stay." I tell her softly and I hold out my hand.

The girl sniffles and takes my hand. "I-I'm Jackie." She whispers and I smile and nod.

Carl spots a walker and stabs it in the back of its head. "Who's that?" Jackie asks me.

"He's Carl." I tell her.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asks me and giggles. Carl glances at me and smirks, I blush and look away.

"Ummm...I'm not totally sure yet." I say, laughing nervously.

Carl walks over to me and kisses my forehead. "How about now?" He asks me, smirking. HOLY $%#}!!!!!

"Hmmm...I say yes." I say and Jackie smiles.

We make it back to the prison and explain everything to Rick and he agreed to let Jackie say.

She was staying in my cell. And she had top bunk.

At dinner, I sat next to Jackie and Carl. "Hey Jackie, I hope you don't mind me asking, but...why were you out in the woods alone and crying?" I ask her, trying not to make her cry.

Jackie swallows. "There-there are these really bad people, their hideout has cells too. But they kidnap people and torture them...they killed my brother Michael... and daddy starved to death and came back as a monster and killed mommy..." Jackie says quietly and the room goes quiet.

"They liked to take the kids from their groups, thinking they're vulnerable and can get information out of them easily." Jackie adds solemnly and I hug her.

"Don't worry Jackie, you're safe here." I tell her and Jackie nods a little.