Chapter 20- Weather Forcast

Imagine this: shining bright Wednesday morning, supply run is scheduled, peaceful music is playing, happy happy happy...

      Then, dark clouds shroud and dread envelopes the universe and everything falls into a giant crevasse in the ground.

     Zay is doing a supply run with me and Jacks.

      What the actual crap.

     It's like the universe itself is out to get me.

    Now, we're in a store and Jacks is looking for food and Zay and I are looking for girl products. Carl is at the prison being Farmer Grimes. He told me to be safe.

    We're looking at tampons when I thought it is a good time to bring it up. "Why'd you steal my drawings?" I say coolly.

    That's me, suave Ember smoother than the flickers of flames...assuming flames are possibly smooth.

   Zay pretends to look shocked/offended, I can see right through it though. "Oh please, like you'd own anything worth stealing anyway!"

   Ahem, how about my boyfriend? You seem set on taking him, but you're damn lucky I'm not crazy over-protective, Hun.

   "Don't play dumb, Zay!" I accuse. "When my drawings went missing, I heard you talking to Carl about those drawings, claiming my art was yours."

   Zay turns her back on me, whipping her thick, blonde hair around. "I don't need to listen to your crap, you're just jealous that you lack my talent!" She storms off and into some other aisle and I groan.

    "Ugggh!" I exclaim, angrily stuffing tampons and deodorant into my bag.

   Why drama? I don't need this! I've been trying SO hard to avoid this!

      "Hey Em! We'll be outside waiting for you, if that's okay. Zay seems...unstably provoked." Jacks shouts from across the store. I can basically hear Zaylee stereotypically mumble "humph!", distressed and turn away crossing her arms.

   We've already cleared The place out for walkers, so I'll be fine.

    "Go ahead!" I yell and I can hear them exit.

    And that's when I hear the hostile shouting.