Chapter 6- Living In A Nightmare

Daryl, Oscar, Rick, and that woman left for Woodbury to get Glenn and Maggie back. It was night and I climb into bed. I wore leggings and a navy blue sports bra, which was my usual sleepwear. Plus I lost my sleeping t-shirt, I have no idea where that thing went.

*-*-*-*-*Ember's Nightmare*-*-*-*-*

There was Merle, with no hand, just a bloody mess hanging out of his wrist. With people holding guns to the group's heads. Their moves were synchronized, Merle smirks at me. All of his men click bullets into their guns chambers in perfect synchronization. I had my bow in my hand with one arrow.

"Kill me and everyone goes alive, little sister." Merle says in a smug voice.

I stare Carl's fearful expression.

"This isn't that book you read. You know, the one that says 'Faction Before Blood' blah...blah...blah..." Merle chuckles. "What are you waiting for, New Years? Okay, I'll count down for ya."

Merle grins widely. "Three...zero-" multiple gunshots sound and everyone drops to the ground.

"NO!" I scream and I draw back my bow and shoot Merle in the head...dead.

I start sobbing.
*-*-*-*-* End Of Nightmare*-*-*-*-*
I sat up abruptly, breathing heavily. Carl rushes to my cell and sat next to me. I sob into my hands.

"Hey, it was just a nightmare. Don't worry, it's not real." Carl says softly, hugging me. I wipe away my tears, I don't cry. I just simply don't have time to cry. I never cried before in my entire life. "Do you want to talk about it?" Carl says gently.

I shook my head. "It was only about Merle. Him being a dickhead...again, but worse. Like, he killed everyone. And I had to kill him. It was stupid, I know." I explain and Carl shakes his head and hugs me tighter.

"No, it's not stupid. It just scared you." He says.

"It made me freaking cry, and that wasn't worth crying for when it wasn't even real. I'm not supposed to cry, it's weak." I tell Carl and we heard a blood-curdling scream.

I jump to my feet and grab my gun that had the silencer on it and I slip on my combat boots. Carl grabs his gun and we follow the sound of where the screaming is coming from.
We killed a few walkers in the process of reaching the boiler room and opened it to see about four people fighting walkers. We start gunning them down and a woman with dark skin whirls around and gapes at us.

"Hurry! Follow us!" I shout and we start running back through he corridors with the people following us. They were carrying a woman who had a walker bite on her arm.

-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-
The fan art featured above was made by @Elbell11223 ! Thank you! Continue to submit fan art through messages or my Instagram account: twd.fanfix.kt