Chapter 23- Happenings

Hey, it's just one teeny-tiny kiss on the head. I mean, that doesn't mean they actually like each other.

I decide to take double shift, not letting Glenn take the next shift.

I look over the trees and see nothing threatening. The morning just started, but my pondering just got annoying.

Zaylee is a bitch, both Carl and I both knew that the first time she came here...

But...Zay is way prettier than me and I'm okay looking.

"Ugh!" I slap my forehead.

I'm being stupid. Second-guessing myself over a stupid boy! I should never had started caring. I had sworn off guys pre-apocalypse to focus on hunting and my artistic career.

Drama is the last thing I need.

Jacks climbs up the guard tower and takes the shift. I see Carl working the farm and start towards him. I'm going to clear things up.

And that's when I heard the screaming.

"WALKERS IN BLOCK C!" Some yells and I catch an abrupt breath, almost doubling over coughing.

Instinctively, I sprint incredibly fast towards the cell block.

I though I saw Carl trying to run after me to help, but Rick made him stay back.

"EMBER! Ember wait!" Carl yells and I want to stop.

No, think of the kids. Think of Lizzie and Mika.

I rush against the frantic, exiting people and ready myself for the walkers to come.