Hoseok choked on his own saliva. "No you retarded fuck. I think I can shimmer us both inside, just in the doorway."

I perked up at that, completely forgetting that we're meant to stay hidden. "Really? Cuz that would be awesome!"

He pulled me back down roughly and I whined at the depth in which his claws were digging into the meat of my forearm. "Hyung, that hurts!"

"Shut up!" His grip tightened further and with a sickening lurch in my stomach, I felt him pulling us both inside the doorway. I immediately sought refuge behind a wall with my back to the front door, my skin washing over and healing the second he removed his nails from my skin. I made eye contact with him as he hid behind the wall on the exact opposite side, and with a synchronised nod, we both peeked our heads over the edge of the wall.

There, in the living room, is Ryo with his back to us, hand pulling clothes from the bag one item at a time and dumping them into a basket. I looked back at Hoseok one last time and he nodded again.

I gulped. This was my cue.

With shaky feet I stepped silently through the narrow hallway, careful not to attract his attention just yet. My claws grew as my eyes started to flicker red, my body starting to ready itself for an attack. If I could wound this bastard as much as possible before Hoseok had to step in, that would make the job easier.

He stopped handling the clothes and froze with his back to me, before letting out a breath.

"You really think I didn't notice you or your buddy sneaking into my house?"

My heart dropped into my stomach as my throat went dry. He must have known from the start.

"You must be stupid, vampire."

He spun to face me, his hand already throwing a small knife which I dodged in surprise. The blade lodged itself into a wall, and I spun my head, expecting to see Hoseok stepping out of the shadows, yet he remained hidden. When a punch landed on my cheek I remembered I was actually mid-battle, and Hoseok can't help me yet.

I waved my claws around in a failed attempt to retaliate, and yelped as he landed a punch in a sternum strong enough to knock all the air out of my lungs.

I stumbled a bit and he cackled, cracking his knuckles after ripping off his coat. "I've been wondering when you would come to avenge that weakling of yours."

Now I was mad.

I roared and lunged at him, landing a few scratches on his muscular chest before he grabbed me around the torso and slammed me into the ground on my back as all the air rushed out of my lungs again. What's with this fucker and winding!?

I kicked my knee up into his crotch as he landed another punch in my face, opening a cut just under my eye as blood spurted out. He yelped in pain and I grinned, spitting a mouthful of my dark blood into his face at the small triumph, as I lodged my nails into his side.

I finally made a dent on the bastard, and for a second I grinned in victory. Then I heard a squeltch and looked down to see a thin blade buried in the skin of my stomach. He cocked his head to the side with a menacing smile before he grabbed the hilt of the sword-like weapon and twisted it in my gut. I screamed out in pain, feeling my organs twisting and ripping. Through my red and black spattered vision, I watched Hoseok roar in anger and run at the man, fangs and claws bared with a dangerous rage.

But Ryo was faster.

He ripped the knife out of my stomach and spun, creating a massive gash all the way from his right shoulder to his left hipbone. Hoseok gasped and looked down at the damage for a second, before his eyes closed and he fell to the floor in a shaking bloodied heap as his insides refused to stay behind his skin.