Chapter 6 : Was He Jealous?

Start from the beginning

"We won , we won." Saad cheered excitedly, laughing at Arhaan as we got down after the cars were parked.

" Buddy, being a gentleman, I deliberately let the girls win." Arhaan ruffled Saad's hair.

" Losers make good excuses." Zaara said as we passed by Arhaan.

"Well the fact is girls can't win.'' We stopped in our tracks and turned back.

"Then you don't know me yet."

" But, I want to." 

"Challenge accepted." She replied after a pause.

*****

We finally arrived at the hall and went inside. It was beautifully decorated with lights, flowers and everything was just perfect. But onething that I don't like about weddings at times is that there is no partition and separate arrangements for men and women.

Here also the gathering was mixed. Both men and women together. No doubt the arrangement was perfect but again this was something that I personally don't like. I mean I'm not judging anyone but not everyone is comfortable with this thing. I can't make myself comfortable in these places. We should try to avoid non mehram as much as possible but this is to very extent difficult in these type of places. 

"Look, look he has finished all the spring rolls." Saad pointed his finger towards someone behind me and I turned around and saw Hamza busy eating spring rolls but he stopped mid say when he heard Saad's continuos rantings.

"Shhh Saad that's bad. Let's go." I laughed.

" No, see he has eaten everything." 

He tried to whisper but 'tried' being the keyword and all in vain.

Hearing Saad, Hamza came forward, knelt down to his level and offered him the spring rolls.

"No, you eat all of these and the  ketchup and also the plate." He replied and ran away seeing his friends calling him from the other side.

"Excuse me for my brother's behaviour." Zaara replied sheepishly.

" No not all, he is cute." Hamza smiled.

" Only if you knew. " I laughed and we headed towards the stage.

To say Sarah appi looked absolutely breathtaking in her stunning wedding attire would be a total understatement.

We went up to her and congratulated her and she gave a beautiful smile and blushed. After a quick photo session on the stage with the bride, we got off from the stage and headed towards our families.

As we went closer, I saw Hamza and his family with our family. I could see from the corner of my eyes that Hamza was talking to Arhaan and Ali but was looking at my direction. I lowered my gaze and avoided to look at him.

While everyone was talking, a cousin of my mother came and asked my mum that when is she going to get me married. And the way she inquired actually potrayed that she wanted to say aren't you getting any good proposals for your daughter that you haven't got her married yet. And I wanted to give her a deathly glare but my mum eyed me. 

I don't like this I mean how come just anyone who barely knows me could out of the blue moon come up with the topic of my marriage infront of everyone and specially when I'm there. I hate this and mum knows this thing so before I could do or say anything, she stopped me. 

"My daughter wants to first complete her studies and doesn't want to get married anytime soon without having completed her studies and we are with her decision. And Allah SWT has fixed a perfect time for her and she will get married according to His plans." I love my mum.