Chapter 12

Louis curled up on the floor. No doubt the fans were beginning to change their opinions again. Surely those opinions didn’t matter, as long as the people around him still believed in who he really was? Then again, both Zayn and Niall thought the tweet was real, which didn’t stop other people he knew well believing it too. He now realized there was another friendship Simon managed to destroy: the relationship between him and Zayn. They were best friends as well as partners in crime. Now Zayn despised Louis for hurting Niall – and Louis, well, his opinion on Zayn didn’t matter anymore, did it? Nobody believed him anymore. His boyfriend was moody all the time because of all the things that had happened with Eleanor. A new friendship was shattered by something so realistic, yet, he couldn’t control.

Louis had always had second thoughts about fame. He loved the attention – he loved the way people found him funny. But there was always that time when he’d asked himself what all of it was for. Yes, fame meant everyone knew his name. Everybody knew what he looked like, and everywhere he went, people would crowd around him. But still he found himself asking – what is the point? What’s the point in earning so much money, if you can’t enjoy it with the people you love? What’s the point of fame, if the person you’re portrayed as isn’t who you really are? This endless circle resulted in one thing. He was simply going into the nothing.

Eleanor sat in the posh waiting area of the hotel. She wasn’t checking her phone like the stuck-up person everybody thought she was when she’d walk through crowds with security trailing behind her, pretending to text someone. She found staring at a blank screen distracted her from the fact that the people made her feel slightly dizzy. Or it could’ve been the hunger. Whichever seemed more applicable at the time.

Eleanor looked up when she heard something move in front of her.

“Eleanor,” Louis said. “Isn’t it obvious that after something like that happened, I’m definitely not going to be in the mood to talk?”

“Obviously, yes,” Eleanor replied. “Which is why I was waiting here for you until you felt calm enough to talk, but Liam must’ve sent you down.”

“He did.” Louis sat down on the sofa and sighed. “So what is there to talk about?”

“Well…judging by the marks on your neck the boys didn’t take it too well.”

Louis felt his own hands covering his neck before he had time to react.

“Are they…really that obvious?” His question came out more like a whispering.

“Unfortunately, yes.” Eleanor said, nodding her head slowly. “I think it’s safe for me to say that the most important thing right now is getting people close to you to understand that the tweet is fake.”

Louis nodded.

“How do you think we do that on a wide scale? I know quite a few people.”

“Well…what do you think? I wouldn’t want to suggest anything you were uncomfortable with.”

It seemed like a fair question from Eleanor. In fact, the question was considerate of Louis – she needed to know more about Louis’ opinion instead of basing her advice on her assumptions. But today, Louis just wasn’t in a good mood. He didn’t understand the complexity of human emotions, and the way they built up. He didn’t anticipate the way his body was going to release his anger either. Still, he couldn’t control the heat that raced through body, all because Eleanor didn’t give him a straight answer, rather, an answer that made him think to his advantage.

“What do I think? Weren’t you the one that said you knew I didn’t want to talk, but was meeting with me to find a way to convince other people?”

Eleanor was stunned and at a loss of words at his reaction.

“Yes, but like I said, I have to know what you feel so I can think of something you wouldn’t feel uncomfortable with doin-“

“You know what? I’ll tell you what I feel. I feel pissed off with my life, because nothing I do is what I want! Of course nothing is ever to do with you; Simon just had to hire possibly the prettiest girl in England to cover up the fact that I like boys. I LIKE BOYS, OKAY? And the fact that you’re taller than me with your model height and your skinny figure just doesn’t help in any way! But the worst thing? I can’t do anything about it, because you’re so damned perfect that it’s easy to cover up anything I do. I hate it, okay? I hate the fact that you’re so perfect! You have to be so skinny and tall that even Harry’s feeling insecure about himself. At the end of the day, you’re just someone Simon hired, so no matter what you do, you can’t do anything wrong.”

Louis found he was at a breath shortage from his outburst.

“Gain some weight, seriously. I’m sick of your model looks.” He added, before he even realized what he said.

Eleanor, well, there’s no need to describe her. She simply ran away with her hand covering the tears flowing down her face. Louis truly understood nothing at all. She didn’t want to be perfect. She didn’t feel faint in the lift for no reason. She just wanted to be thin. And now she was getting criticized for it.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Bad Lou. Taking your anger out on Eleanor!

Give me a little moment to celebrate over here. ITN passed 3000 reads!! Thank you all so much :D

I know Louis’ thoughts about the whole circle thing can be a bit strange, but all I’m going to say is that they’re based my experience. I’m going through an annoying time right now – the hint is that I have to see a psychologist every week to keep me from dying.

This is kind of a build up chapter. Next chapter will be Deleanor and more Nouis/Ziall fluffy angst! :D

~Q