Chapter 5

Over 300 reads!!! Thanks guys! :D

~Q

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Liam gently played with Danielle's hair as she looked up and smiled at him. Gradually, they leaned towards each other, ready to embrace when -

"PAAAAAAAAYZER!"

The couple jumped out of each other's arms and turned around to see a grinning Louis, casually sitting on the kitchen counter.

"God Louis, did you have to?" Liam sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah...oh, look at the time! I should get going to dance rehearsal." Danielle said, and hurriedly ran out.

Liam just looked at Louis furiously. He opened his mouth to shout at the Doncaster lad, but thought - why bother? He decided to go for a morning jog instead.

"You know Liam...relationships blossom with slow growth." Louis said, just as he was walking out of the door.

It was at the same time that Niall walked in, deciding to raid the fridge for food. It was like he was hypnotised into seeing the fridge only, and just so happened to miss the annoyed Liam walking out and the grinning Louis.

Louis' mood had changed since his conversation with Harry. It wasn't like him to worry over things, so from his trip from Harry's bedroom to the kitchen, he came to the conclusion that he felt weird around Niall because they weren't close enough, and he was used to being around people he was close to (the boys). Harry was still his boyfriend, but right now he wanted to get closer to Niall to erase tensions.

"Nialllleeer!" Louis exclaimed as he tackled him from behind. Luckily, Niall's head was outside of the fridge, or he would've ended up IN the fridge instead of head-butting straight onto it.

He let out a yelp before throwing Louis off his back and rubbing on his forehead.

"What the hell was that for? First you decide to run out of my room like a million pigeons were chasing you, now you're trying to squish my head?" Niall asked, getting very annoyed.

So that's four people Louis has annoyed in one morning.

"Sorry Niall." Louis smiled apologetically, and Niall believed him.

Taking the cereal, he poured some into a bowl, added milk, and brought it to the table to sit down and eat. Louis decided to sit opposite him as he began stuffing his mouth. Louis chucked. Niall looked up at him.

"What?" he asked, although it sounded more like - 'ot'.

"Nothing." Louis replied. "Look Niall, I've been thinking about this morning, and I guess the reason why I was so surprised is because, well, we've never exactly shared a bed before have we?"

Niall looked at him and shook his head, not stopping his movements of chewing and stuffing cereal into his mouth.

"And then I realised that out of the boy, we're the least close. So I wanna get to you know more!"

Niall swallowed the remaining cereal.

"Okay. What do you want to know?"

That was where Louis' plan had ended. He hadn't...exactly thought of that.

"Erm...well..."

There was an awkward silence as Louis scratched his head and Niall began drinking the milk in his bowl. It was times like this that Louis would randomly say the first thing that popped into his mind to break the silence.

"Oh yeah, Niall, what do you think of having Eleanor as your girlfriend?"

Niall choked on the milk he was drinking.

"What!?" he managed to splutter out

Great work there, Tommo. Louis thought to himself. Why the hell did that choose to appear in this brain right now? You're supposed to ask friendly questions! Niall's eyes were looking at him with confusion. How was he going to explain - "oh yeah, I'd like you to date someone Simon's making me date because my boyfriend Harry is getting annoyed and I was going to ask you some friendly questions to get to know you better but I couldn't think of any so I revealed my plan a bit too early."

"Louis, this long silence means you're obviously thinking of a lie." Niall stated. "No, I will not date Eleanor no matter what you say. But since we're on the topic, why did you ask me that?"

Louis gulped. Niall stared more intensely.

"Okay fine! I was going to get to know you a bit better because I always feel as though there's a tension between us, but I couldn't think of any questions and you know I always say the first thing that pops up in my mind when there's an awkward silence and my plan from yesterday to get you to date Eleanor so that Harry could understand Eleanor wasn't going to make any moves on me came up!" Louis' ramble finished, and he took a deep breath from his extra long sentence.

It took Niall longer than usual to take the whole sentence in.

"Oh, okay. Sorry Louis, but I don't think I can date Eleanor, even if I wanted to. It's obvious who she likes."

Louis nodded.

"Yeah, it's obvious isn't it?"

"Danielle." They said in unison, and sighed.

"Why must love be so complicated?" Louis asked.

"Dunno," Niall replied. "Never actually been in love myself."

There was a pause before Niall begun.

"Louis...I've noticed it too. Something seems different between us. Do you honestly it's because we're not close, or do you think there's something else? Something wrong about one of us, maybe?"

Louis shook his head.

"Definitely because we're not close."

There was another pause as both boys were thinking.

"Louis...I think spending more time with each other would be a good idea."

"Yeah...me too. Me too."

They didn't realise it, but secretly, they both wanted to.