The storm

Anna: 5
Elsa:8
Before the accident
Elsa strode down the hall to the dining room in search of her sister. She wanted Anna to join her in the library for some hot chocolate. And today was the perfect day to do so since the rain was pouring and lighting lit up the sky.

Elsa finally found her little sister in the parlor curled up in a chair, trembling? Maybe she was just cold. So Elsa decided to give her sister a surprise and scare her.

3...2...1 Elsa thought in her head. "Boo!"

"Ahhh!" Anna screamed as she jumped up, breathing heavily. She looked over to see her sister laughing in hysterics. Anna glared.

"Elsa! That was NOT funny. You really scared me." Anna complained.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to give you a little fright." Elsa giggled. "Wait, are your eyes red?" She asked when she seen Anna's eyes.

The younger sibling turned and looked away to prevent her sister from seeing her red rimmed eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"No." She mumbled.

"Yes they are." Elsa said as she put her hand under Anna's chin, forcing her to look up.

"What's wrong Anna?"

The redhead looked away. "Nothing. I just woke up from a nap, that's all."

Elsa shook her head. "No, somethings wrong. I can tell. If you just tell me what's bothering you, I can help you feel better." She said softly.

Suddenly thunder shook the castle making Anna yelp and grasp on to Elsa for dear life. Elsa's eyes widened.

That's what's bothering her, the storm. No wonder why she was crying.

"Hey." Elsa said.

Anna slowly looked up.

"Is it the storm?"

The younger sibling slowly nodded, embarrassed. The platinum blonde gave her a soft smile and pulled her into an embrace.

"Hey, it's okay to be afraid. You don't have to be strong and brave all the time."

"But Els, it's so...childish to be scared of storms."

Elsa raised an eyebrow. "This coming from the girl who still believes in Santa Claus."

Anna glared at her sister before laying her head on her shoulder. "There's no proof that he doesn't exist."

Elsa chuckled. "Anyway, it isn't childish to be afraid of storms. It's just one of your fears. Everyone is afraid of something."

Anna nodded. "I guess that's true."

"Do you feel better now?"

"Yeah."

"Great, come on. Let's go drink some hot chocolate in the library." Elsa said before standing up.

"Can we bring cookies too?" Anna asked hopefully.

"No. We do not need a hyper princess running everywhere and jumping all over walls."

Anna pouted. "I'm not that hyper."

"Maybe not now. But when there is sugar in you, that's a whole different story."

Anna rolled her eyes and followed her sister out to the kitchen.

Hello! Heh heh, I guess you're wondering where I've been. Yeah...sorry for the long update. Anyways I hope you like this chapter. I know it was short but I was in the mood for a sisterly comfort chapter.