Chapter 23

A/N hi everyone! Things have been a by slow lately so I've decided to extend my chapters more as I feel like I'm not providing enough for you guys.... Hope that's okay? Also don't forget to be active and let's try and get to 4K reads ! 💗

After a blew out the candle I proceeded to cut the cake: Victoria sponge my favorite. I dispersed plates to everyone in the room and sat to eat mine. Part way through my slice an elderly man approached us , his hair was in grey dreadlocks- his face worn with age. Wrinkles cascaded round his eyes and nose in an appealing manner.

'Ah Penny ' he said smiling softly kissing my hand.

'Uh...hello?'

'I am Jaque Martines: Noah's great uncle'

I gasped in shock as he continued to talk to me, sitting by me telling me his life story. Noah was busy talking to a couple of old friends and didn't notice the man that had recently approached .

After about 5 minutes I began to drift off until I was woken by the sharp prodding in my lower back 'w...what??'

The man had disappeared and Noah was beside me , I glanced round in confusion "um Noah, where is your uncle ?"

"I... I don't have an uncle"

Noah gave me a confused and grave look as I explained what he looked like, then I realised...... My bag was gone.
He'd been a pickpocket! Noah didn't look furious he just smiled, he told me that I'd be fine and he would replace everything, my phone and camera were at home so I was okay only my purse and a bunch of chewies.

We left the building and Noah told me I could have any bag, purse and accessories I wanted. I didn't want him to spend a lot on me so I chose the cheapest prettiest ones and the total only came to $50. Noah sighed and said that wasn't nearly enough so he asked a shop assistant to help me pick out. I was sat down in a boutique area on a white leather couch.

Around 5 shop assistants came out with tote bags and matching purses. One black and white, pink, blue, tan and gold. My favourite was the black and white fish board with rose gold hard wear. It was by Ted Baker one of my favourite brands. The one shop assistant holding the bag disappeared and came out with a matching outfit; black wedge shoes, black skater dress with rose gold jewellery and a pair of sleek aviators.

"Umm Noah I was just expecting the bag, thank you but why the outfit?"
"Because princess P tonight we are going to a special concert"

He produced 2 tickets and back stage passes to a band called The Sketch