Chapter 17

"We cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the north." Ada says to us as we all get off the boats.

"Oh, yes?! It's just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil? An impassable labyrinth of razor sharp rocks! And after that, it gets even better!" Gimli says. "Festering, stinking marshlands, far as the eye can see!"

I face palm. "Please, you're scaring the hobbits Gimli."

"That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf." Ada tells Gimli.

"Recover my...?! Phrrr..." Gimli growls before going over to the hobbits.

I walk over to Legolas and he looks down at me.

"We should tell him" I say, referring to what we heard the other day.

"Okay, let's go"

We walk to ada and I let Leggy do the talking.

"We should leave now." I nod in agreement.

"No. Orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for cover of darkness." Ada tells us.

"It is not the eastern shore that worries me. A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near... I can feel it." Leggy retorts. I again, nod in agreement.

I was about to say something when we heard Merry say "Where's Frodo?"

We look around and my eyes land on the shield of Boromir.

OH NO! Frodo's going to be in trouble

I look to ada and he nods to me. Everyone else was commanded to stay at the camp whilst ada and I look for Frodo and Boromir.

"Um, ada?" I ask.

"Yes" he responds, still looking around.

"We have been looking for 10 minutes now. Shouldn't we have found them by now since your like one of the greatest rangers on Middle Earth?" I ask, bored.

"Sometimes when you have no idea on where to go, rule number one of being a ranger is to look like you know where you're going." He tells me.

"Geez, thanks dad. So next time I shouldn't follow you as you really have no idea where you're going"

"Not always, only the times when I can't find any tracks"

"And I am guessing that is most of the time?"

"Not most" he says. "Aha!"

"You found the tracks?" I ask excitedly.

"Yeah, follow me" I follow him and we eventually find Frodo.

"Frodo?" Ada says.

Frodo looks towards us startled. "Huh?! It has taken Boromir."

"Where is the Ring?" Ada demands.

"Stay away!" Frodo warns us as we walk closer to him and he scrambles back.

"Frodo!" ada says calmly.

Frodo stops and looks at us.

"I swore to protect you!" Ada says to him.

I cough "You mean we swore to protect you" But I guess I shouldn't have said anything as I earned a glare from ada.

"Can you protect me from yourselves?!" Frodo asks.

"I cannot be affected by the ring Frodo" I tell him. "I won't take the ring"