Chapter 16

Sorry this is a short chapter. I have been quite busy this holiday, I was hoping for free time to write more chapters but it looks like I was wrong. Sorry!

I wake up early the next morning and quickly bathe, changing into my all black outfit that is now clean. I pack everything that I need. The essentials which is food. Just food. Plus extra clothes and water and my phone with headphones. I walk down to where the rest of the fellowship is and I see them preparing the boats. I nod in greeting to all of them and help load everything on the boats.

After preparing the boats, we each get gifts but I don't pay attention. I am thinking more on what would happen once we leave the borders of Lothlórien. He would probably be following us again and give information to the enemy on our every move. But if I could do something about him, I could easily stop him from giving the enemy insight on us and where we head. But then again, my father wouldn't allow me to stray away from the fellowship and I can't worry them about him.

I snap out of my thoughts when Galadriel stands in front of me. Her lips don't move but she talks to me.

Do not worry pen tithin. Everything will be fine. I hear her assure me.
Little one

It's sort of hard not to worry about it. I think I worry more for Frodo. He could be killed in a second without anyone knowing and the ring would be gone too. I say back, through the mind.

"It will be fine" she says out loud. She nods to me and I bow to her before joining Legolas and Gimli in the boat.

We set out of Lothlórien into the wilderness of the unknown world ahead.

"I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Haugh, henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me." Gimli says after a while of rowing.

"What was it?" Leggy asks.

"I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three." He says.

I try to keep in a laugh as I recall him calling her an elf-witch. I think I fell asleep a little after as when I woke up, the sky is now dark and we have docked. I take the first watch as I had slept. The next morning we set out again but I could sense loud footsteps and evil. At first I thought it was Him but then I listened closer to hear it was like a pack of them. I look back at Leggy and point to my ears as to say to him 'can you hear what I hear?' he nods and tells me not to tell anyone yet.

After a few more hours of rowing, we dock again and everyone rests. We see a thing on a log, floating down stream and if you didn't look long enough, you wouldn't have seen a creature hanging off the log.

"Gollum. He has tracked us since Moria." Ada says, coming up to Boromir. "I had hoped we would lose him on the river. But he's too clever a waterman."

"And if he alerts the enemy to our whereabouts it will make the crossing even more dangerous." Boromir responds.

I don't decide to listen to them anymore, if they were continuing their conversation and I turn to Legolas and Gimli who seem to be in an argument.

I sigh, "Men"

I roll out my bed roll next to Leggy's and take out my phone and headphones. I put on my headphones and unlock my phone. I tap Spotify and go into my playlist, tapping shuffle play and 'Airplanes' by 5 Seconds of Summer came on and I fell asleep to that song.

I wake up to someone shaking me. I sit up and open my eyes to see it was ada. I pull down my headphones so it sits on around my neck and look up at him. The music is still playing and I realised it was quite loud. The song playing is '679' by Fetty Wap.

"Yes! I love this song!" I shout out. Everyone looks at me weirdly before returning to whatever they were doing. "Yes ada? You need anything?"

"Yes, get ready, we are leaving soon."

"Okay"

I pack everything and sit in the boat. We pass many things like trees, rocks, trees, rocks, trees and rocks. I sigh for like the thousandth time. But then we something breath-taking.

"Frodo, Estella, the Argonath! Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin." Ada says proudly.

I smile and everyone looks at the statues that are towering over us in awe.