Chapter Twenty One

Cora's POV

I looked around the room and at Alice's desk but she was no where to be seen. I excused my self, handing in my work and heading out the door.

This is ridiculous, why am I worrying? She probably just went to the bathroom for all I know. I heard giggling around the corner and stopped. I knew that voice. I poked my head around the corner to find none other than Scarlet. But this time she was with someone. I gasp and stumbled backwards. The brown hair and crystal blue eyes. It was unmistakable. Alex.

Alice's POV

I stumbled backwards and feel down in the grass. My hair was still blowing around from the sudden gust of wind and power. I looked up at the dragon in wonder... And extreme confusion.

This was nuts! You're telling me that the Fifth Great Dragon has been hiding in my school this entire time??? What a crazy world I live in...

I hoped to my feet and slowly approached it, my hand out. Starting at my finger tips to my elbow, is incased it ice and then it shatters and in wearing my black glove from my Fighting Gear.

"This must seem very surprising and frightening, but do not be alarmed..." I whipped my head around looking for the source of the voice. I winced and slowly looked at the white dragon that was sitting there calmly. "That was you wasn't it?"

"Yes." I heard the majestic female voice speak again. I was afraid of that.

"I would like to speak with you alone. Just not in such a public place." She said. "Like where?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "This entire place is surrounded by a spell. No new dragons come in, no dragons come out. It's only disabled on the first day for parents."

"Get on my back."

"What...?"

"Get on my back."

How could such a regal voice sound so scary. "Okay okay, you're a pushy little Light Dragon aren't you?" I teased and started to climb my way onto her back. It's ironic because this dragon his more than 10 times my size.

As soon as I was fairly secure, she immediately took off. Her large wings flapping created gusts that made ripples in the grass below. This dragon took off hard and flew away fast. Too fast.

"No! No! No! We're about to hit the-" There was a blinding flash of white light and I covered my eyes. It felt like we had continued to fly, but how?

It took a couple minutes for my eyes to come back and adjust to the light we were in now... We were outside the school grounds! How...? Why...? WHAT???

Scarlett's POV

I don't mean to be so cruel... I really don't. It just took me over. The day I met Cora and Alice was one of the happiest days of my life... And the most tragic.

I got back to that dorm with that baby Shadow dragon. I hadn't decided on a name yet. But I loved her anyway.

That night was filled with nightmares... Visions... I woke up to a shadow of a woman with red eyes with hair made out of red fire. And that's the last time... I was me.

Cora's POV

"Scarlett!" I screeched and jumped out from my hiding spot. "What do you think you're doing?!" I demanded, my eyes on fire.

"Why, I'm kissing my boyfriend. What else?" She said with this infuriating innocence. I looked at Alex in distress and shock. He turned slowly with stiff robotic movements. H-His eyes were all black, even the whites.

"What did you do to him...?" I growled, my hands tense and twitching at my sides. "I did nothing, he made the choice allllll my himself." The red head smirked, putting a hand on her hip.

I couldn't take this anymore! She's done this to me and Alice- No, the entire school, long enough. I slowly reached into the pouch attached to my belt, with small movements so she wouldn't notice.

Once the Crystal was in my grasp, I smashed it on the ground. It exploded with a large cloud of smoke. I had just finished transforming into my Battle Gear when I saw of pair beating red eyes through the smoke. I started to back away but tripped on someone's ankle. I fell on my back and groaned then scrambled to a sitting position.

"You know Cora, you'll never be as powerful as Alice." No. Stop!

"She just keeps you around to keep up her reputation." Get out of my head!

"I can help you. I can make you powerful..." I whipped my head around, I could see a shadow circling me. Their hair was made of red flames along with her eyes.

"Join me..."

I felt someone enter me, a horrible feeling of disapproval, despair and jealousy run through me all at once. I feel like all my emotion are being absorbed by this dark power. It's turning me into an empty shell.

The last thing I remember was my head hitting the floor and one of Scarlett's boots going to strike me. That's when everything went black, including my heart.

___________________

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That's me screaming internally because I have 4.15K views! 4.15K!!!!!!!! Like wow, words can't even express how much I'm freaking out at the moment. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

On a different note, this story is most certainly not over. And I'll still write more, no worries. But how do you guys feel about a sequel? Let me know your thoughts. And if so, any title ideas? Cause I'm stumped.

Again! Thank you guys so much for your support. I am forever grateful to you! 🤗

Keepin' it Fresh
-Jlaicecream