Chapter Six

Alice's dress ^^^^

__________________________

Alice's POV

"Just go into the courtyard,...." The boy looked at my letter. "Alice. You to the A-M check in and they will tell you your dorm. This must be very exciting! Getting your dragon today!" He said excitedly.

"Yes. I guess it is..." I smiled at him and started to head inside. "Hey! I didn't get your name!" I said stopping and looking behind me.

"It's Alex!" He called after me.

"Well thanks, Alex!" I waved, jogging into the courtyard. The whole place smelled fresh and like nature. I walked across the grass to the line of kids with fist names A-M. It seemed like a mile long from here but slowly but surely it moved forwards until I'm next.

"Hello... Name?" The lady at the stand asks. "Alice Cassidy..." I say putting my hand on the stand's counter. "Ah. Okay. Your dorm room number is 099 and your roommate..." The woman looks at her record book. "Cora August..." She says and hands me my room key. I think about the name. I hope she's nice... I walk into the school through the main doors. I look from side to side, oh mon dieu... Too many halls... Thank the lord that their marked. I take a flight of stairs up to the dorm floor and keep going down what seems like a never ending hall and then see my door. Written on the door is 099 and then under it it says Alice Cassidy & Cora August in silver cursive letters. I turn the glass door knob and step inside.

The room was big and beautiful. One plush queen size bed on each side of the room. I saw it as a blank canvas for me to decorate, it looked bland, for now.

I put my suitcase on the bed, along with my book bag. I sat on the bed and took off my cloak hood and flattened out my white hair and sighed. My mom told me the dragon choosing ceremony was at 2:30, so I might as well start unpacking. Already on the book shelf are some text books that I guessed I'll need. I lugged my heavy book bag to the shelf and started stacking my own books on the shelf.

An hour later...

I sighed as I finally finish putting my clothes in the wardrobe and dresser. My roommate still wasn't there... I wondered if she got lost or something... Not a minute later a girl come into the room and saw me.

"Hi! Sorry I'm late! My mother was being all emotional and attached." She said, dropping her bags on her bed. "As I saw on the door, you must be Alice." She walked over to me and put out her hand.

"And you must be Cora." I shook her hand and smiled at her. "You don't really have anytime to unpack... We need to head to the ceremony..." I said as I closed my suitcase and put it in the wardrobe.

"I know! We should get going then!" She said cheerfully. I agreed and headed out the door and locked it after she comes out.

We headed down the hall and found our way to the auditorium, like we were told. We sat in the front row of the auditorium and started talking as the room filled.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked her.

"No. I'm an only child. You?" Cora asked.

"You're lucky. I have 3 sisters and one brother. My brother, Josh, moved out on his own a year ago and then there's the twins... Sabrina is the nice one and then there's Jillian... She's always teasing me but I love her. Then there's Claire, she's my best friend at home, she's only 3 but I love her so much..." I said and smiled at her. I looked over and saw woman walk on stage, and by her aura of sophistication I assumed she was the headmistress.

Then I see him, Alex, the guy who gave me directions came on after her and stood at the back of the stage, against the right wall. He couldn't be older than 15, he had dark brown hair and pale blue eyes. He spotted me in the crowd and winked. I snapped out of it and paid attention to the headmistress.

"We will be selecting what order you will come up and choose your egg..." The headmistress said. And then I saw it, behind the headmistress and Alex were so many rows of eggs that I lost count. All of them were on separate pedestals, waiting to be picked. I missed the rest of what the headmistress said but I heard: 'take your seat', 'pick your egg' and 'treat it with care'. I saw the headmistress taking a slip of paper from the large glass bowl at the front of the stage.

"First up... Cora August..." She announced. I watched Cora as her face turned white.

I watched her stand up and walk to the stage and stand next to the headmistress.

"You don't choose it, it chooses you..." The headmistress said to her patting her on the back.