Chapter Eight

Alice's egg ^^^^^
______________________

Alice's POV

Once the ceremony was over, the headmistresses turned to the crowd of teenagers. "That concludes our dragon egg ceremony. Now please return to your dorms and dinner will be brought to you tonight. Take great care of your eggs, they will hatch within two days. Goodnight everyone..." The headmistresses said and marched off stage, followed by Alex.

I took a deep breath and kept my egg safe in my arms, guarding it from anything or anyone. "Cmon Cora... Let's head back so we don't get caught in the crowd..." I said.

Cora nodded and followed me out the door and up the stair well. "This is so cool..." Cora said quietly as she cradled her egg.

"Yeah, it is..." I looked down at my own egg. We reached the dorm room. I unlocked the door and we both filed inside and sat on our beds.

"I'm so tired..." I groaned. I noticed a stand that I'm guessing is meant for your egg, resting on the bed side table. I put my egg in it slowly and let my tired arms relax.

"That egg is heavy!" Cora whined as she put her egg in its stand as well and stretched her arms. "Alice... Let's take a nap..." Cora suggested.

"Best thing you've said all day..." I exclaimed. We laughed and both laid down. I laid over top of the blankets but I watched Cora climbing underneath her covers and falling asleep instantly. I curled up on my side, closing my eyes and falling asleep myself.

2 hours later...

I woke up to a soft knock at the door.

"Dinner!" Called a female voice through the door. Apparently Cora was already awake and went to get the door. I sat up, the room was darker now, the soft light from the setting sun coming through the windows. I put my feet on the floor and watched as Cora carried our meal to the table.

"What's for supper?" I yawned.

"Well... I got stir fry and you got..." She opened my tray. "Cheese and potato soup and a croissant..." She smiled at me.

I stood up and come to the table and pulled out a chair, sitting down. "Hmm. How did they know...?" I smirked at Cora. We both started eating happily but Cora was interrupted then, a noise came from the other side of the room. Cora jumped and looked over to her bed. There was a crack in her egg... It was hatching...