Chapter Fifteen

Alice's POV

It's been three weeks since classes have started and it's just gotten harder. Twilight and Cynthia are the size of a medium dog now. They are still allowed to live in our dorms with us but they can't come to indoor classes. They've started to talk too. Not all breeds of dragons are capable of speaking up all the ones at Safine are. They talk like small children though, Twilight really reminds me of Claire back home.

I've been writing every weekend and my mom and Claire are extremely eager to know how things are going.

Twilight as shed her ice shell and has scales now (A/N: she looks like the picture up top but smaller).

Today, Me and Cora came back to the dorm to find Cynthia and Twilight wrestling on the carpet, surrounded by torn up pillows. "Cyndy!" Cora yells and the two dragon stop and sit up straight in front of their mothers. "Sorry..." They say in unison, looks down at their paws. "Clean this up you two!" I say and drop my bag on my unmade bed. Twilight uses her tail to sweep the fluff from the torn up pillows into a pile while Cynthia puts the remains in the trash.

"You guys get pretty restless in here while we're  in class..." I say. I know they're going to have to move to the Dragon dome soon... I know they don't want to move, they like it here but they need more space.

"Let go to the park out back!" Cora suggests. I nod and throw on my cloak from my dad. The park is a field in the back of the academy where owners take younger dragons to meet other dragons and for them to just let off some steam. I put on my shoulder bag and open the door for them. Twi, Cyndy and Cora walk out the door. Twi and Cynthia waddle down the hall a couple feet in front of us. The two stumble down the stairs and run out of the back entrance.

I spot Scarlet and her dragon, Raven across the field and wave to her. Our dragons spot her and fly about a foot off the ground and fly towards them, faltering a few times before tackling Raven.

Scarlet ended up staying and became a great friend of ours. She choose Raven The Shadow Dragon the next day and they bonded quickly. Scarlet seems to advancing very quickly, she's master a whole bunch of spells and is the top in our class, me in second and Cora in third. Us being the top students in Freshman class some times makes things tense at times but we still make it work.

"Hey Twilight!" I call to the trio of bickering dragons. I form a disc of ice in my hand. "Catch!" I throw it towards her and she leaps up in the air to catch it, the ice burst when she bites it. I do this a couple times across the field until she's all tuckered out and siting in the shade of a tree. Being an ice dragon, she gets over heated easily.

I watch as she blows on the ground, her Ice breath forming an ice patch on the ground that she lies on, hoping to cool down. I walk over and sit next to her and pat her head and sit against the tree.

Cora's POV

I have a strange feeling about Scarlet but I've chosen to ignore it. It's just that she's advancing at an abnormal rate but maybe she's just really talented? I don't know...

Cyndy is already pretty tired, so me and Alice decide to head back to our dorm room. We both carried our dragons. It seemed like an easy feat now but they're going to be 10 times our size soon. We lay them in our beds. I kiss the top of her head.

Right now, I couldn't imagine my life without her or even Alice. 3 weeks ago, being this happy didn't even seem possible for me.

"You're not going to that school, Cora! And that's final! You're going to Rejina like our whole family!" My father yells from his desk, he slams his fist down. "Father! I should be able to make my own decisions! I'm old enough to choose what I want to do with my life!" I yell, tears in my eyes. "You're going to follow this families traditions!" He screams, his face turning red. "What would mother say if she were here!? She would let me make my own choices..." The tears spills out of my eyes. "Get out! Get out of my office! How dare you even mention her in my presence!" He screams, pointing to the door.

I run out of the room, my hands over my face. I know he only meant to get out of the room but I can't handle living underneath his foot anymore. I packed my bags and in the dead of night, open the window. I look over at my dresser, my mothers necklace sitting on top. I haven't touched since she left. I grab it and put it around my neck. The pink diamond was the last thing I had from her.

I climb out the window from the ivory that grows up the side. And, I run... I run away from our estate, avoiding the guards stationed by the entrance. And I didn't look back...

My mother left when I was 10, I know she left because of my father. I love my dad but he was trying to control my life, so I had to leave. I've tried writing to him but he never responds and I don't blame him.

Scarlett's POV

I smiled and waved at my friends as they leave. I hold the sleeping Raven in my arms. Everything is going according to plan...