Chapter Nine

PART TWO: THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

Cora's POV

I ran over to my bed and sat on the edge, picking up the egg in my hands. It shook and the cracked in the side got longer and longer, spreading down the side and branching off. A piece of the egg's shell broke off and flew across the room and Alice had to duck her head to avoid being hit by it.

"Whoa!" I yelled and put the egg down on the bed. I surrounded it with with three pillows and watched as pieces broke off and went flying around the room, shattering once it hit something. I sputtered back once I saw a little scaled foot came out of the bottom. And then all at once the whole egg exploded.

I stared in awe at the creature, Alice came up behind me and gazed at the creature too, jaw dropping to the floor. It was all white, from the scales to the wings to the tail. All the scales were sharp but all facing the Same way, so you could pet her if you wanted to. She had nice large wings (or at least for her size). She was elegant and beautiful. 

"What will you name her?" Alice asked. I thought for a moment before coming to a conclusion.

"Cynthia, her name is Cynthia"
__________________________

Sorry for the super short chapter. Next one will be longer.