Chapter Eighteen

??? POV

I don't know how much longer I can keep this charade up. I think she's starting to catch on to what I'm doing. I can't help watching her and being "friends". It's my own personal mission to keep her in check. I know she's planning something. But what?

Cora's POV

After class, me and Alice rush to the Dome to see them. A lot of riders come during their free period to see their dragons, so it's kinda crowded, even though the place can hold hundreds of dragons, you can never be alone.

"Cynthia!" I yell as I walk around. No response. Oh! I know where she is.

This place has many "sections" of sorts, domains. And Cyndy has one almost all to her self, The Crystal Caves.

I run through the beach where you can go into the water where water dragons live, they have homes built in the reefs. Through The Winter Woods, which is freezing by the way, I don't know how Alice and Twilight can stand it. And finally to the Crystal Caves. The trees around the entrances to the caves are coated in Crystal and so is the ground and stone around it.

I step inside the right entrance and navigate my way through the caves. "Cynthia!" I yell and hear a sound a bit of a way down the tunnel. I break into a jog and step into her living space. A big open area with plenty of room for her size. Pictures of us on one of the walls, some trinkets from the academy on a shelf. And some gigantic furniture made of Crystal spread around. "Cora!" The dragon says excitedly and stumbles over. Even though she's 2 years old, she's still like a baby.

Cyndy towers over me but I don't care, I hug her anyway. "I've missed you! It's only been 3 days but it seems so long!" I cry and stay on her chest. "I've missed you too. I'm dreadfully bored in here... Would you mind if we went outside? Maybe went to see Twilight and Alice?" She asks, looking down at me. "Of course!" I yell and start to climb on her back.

Cyndy struts out of the cave and into the sun light of the dome. I don't know why they keep them in this glass dome... Do they think they would run away or something?

She stretches her wings and flaps them, blowing some leaves off the trees. Taking off into the sky, we head towards the winter woods. "God. I keep forgetting how cold it is in here..." I shiver and shift into my fighting gear because it's warmer. We finally come to the spot above Twilights home, a palace of sorts made of ice. "Alice?" I call as we land in front of the gigantic building.

I hear running footsteps getting closer and see Alice running towards me, her hair covered with snow. She wears nothing but her dress with 3 quarter sleeves that goes just past her knees, it's pure white, so her white blond hair and pale skin, blend her into the snowy surroundings. And on her feet is her small heel black boots.

"She's coming!" Alice yells as she runs past me. How is she not freezing to death? Who's coming? I look around but see nothing. But then there it is. Twilight the Ice Dragon, flying above us, shooting snow balls out of her mouth rapidly as she goes. I scream and jump to the side, trying to avoid the rain of snowball-y terror. "Cyndy! Run!" I yell through laughing. But she moves too late, her whole body gets buried in snow.

I laugh and run under a tree for cover. Cyndy roars and burst out of the snow. "Twilight! You're just asking for it!" She screams. "Cora! Help me get her!" She says to me and positions her tail to catapult snow ball. I get the hint and form two hollow Crystal halves of a ball and fill it with snow, making the perfect snowballs. I start making piles, having a couple moulds going at a time. I place a couple snowballs on her tail. "Ready! Aim!...." I wait a couple seconds until Twilight is coming back around for another assault. "FIRE!" I scream, waving my arm.

The snowballs hit Twilights chest and she looks down at us with a smug expression. "Is that the best you've got!" She yells down. I load snowballs on to Cyndy's tail as fast as possible, but it's not even affecting the Ice dragon. By this time, she making her second move, spitting dozens of snowballs at us. By the end of the attack, we've been buried in a mountain of snow.

I poke my head out and pull my self out while Cyndy shakes off her scales. "Where's Alice? They have an unfair advantage..." But I spoke too soon... From the balcony of the Dragons Ice palace, comes Alice, still in her pretty white dress, assaulting me with snowballs before tackling me to the ground.

"GAHHH!" I scream as I'm pinned. "Game, set...." She pauses before shoving some snow in my face. "And a match!" She says triumphantly. I wipe the snow from my fave with my cloak. "That was absolutely, positively! Unfair..." I pout, brushing my self off. "I see no problems..." She laugh, leaning on one leg and crossing her arms. Twilight lands beside the glaring Cyndy. "Oh! Lighten up!" Twi yells at her with a smirk and Cyndy just shakes her head with a sly expression. "We're going to get you back for this you know..." She says. "I'll be looking forward to it!" Alice grins.

"You two must be cold, let's head to the the Fall Forest for some apple cider?" Mage suggest and we both nod.

These are the things you stay for... The laughing, the crying. But it doesn't really matter what you do, as long or you're with your friends...

This was happiest I'd been in a long while.... But that wasn't going to last long...