Chapter Five

I will be Alice's POV for the next few chapters. The photo is Alice's cloak.
___________________________

Alice's POV

I woke up someone coming up the stairs, the stairs creaking under them. I sat up and saw my mother coming into the room and sit at the bottom of my bed.

"Morning, mom..," I yawned. "What time is it?" I asked looking out the small window, the sun is up.

"Time to get up and get ready. Ladon is waiting. " She said going back to the door. I looked up in shock.

"What? Ladon waiting? Why didn't you wake me earlier?" I leaped out of bed and ran to my wardrobe and took out a floor length cream coloured dress, embroidered with flowers, that you lace the back up with white ribbon, the collar made of lace. Once mother left, I got dressed quickly and put on some ballet flats and threw my cloak over my shoulders.

I put my book bag over my shoulder and grabbed my suitcase with my other hand and ran downstairs. I brushed my hair as I rushed around the house, I tied my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed an apple. I stopped at the door and caught my breath.

I had to say goodbye... I put my suitcase next to the door and go to Claire's room, she was still sleeping. I leaned over her crib and kissed her forehead.

"Goodbye Claire bear..." I smiled and walked out of her room and closed the door softly. The had twins already left... I frowned. Why didn't they say goodbye...

I walked back to the door and picked up my suitcase again. I opened the door and looked around the house one more time before walking out and closing the door.

I put my cloak on and the hood as well and went around back to Ladon's habitat where mother was waiting.

"You look lovely, Alice..." My mom said as she pet Ladon's head. Ladons was a phoenix dragon, one of the rare breeds at Zelania. I pet her feathers.

"Ready, girl?" My mom asked her. Ladon nodded  and put her head down for us to climb on. My mother climbed on first and took the rains and I climbed on and into the saddle and put my suitcase in the storage compartment.

Ladon spread her wings and flapped them and then took off into the sky. The nanny, Allyson, was staying with Claire while mom was taking me to school. I looked over Ladon's saddle and watched as forest sped under us. I looked back up at mom as she directed Ladon where to go.

§ § § § §

I think I feel asleep on the ride there, because when I came to, we were landing in the fields at Safine. I looked around and there were hundreds of dragons land and taking off, all different species' and kinds. I could tell which ones are first years like me, the excitement and nervousness on their faces. I climbed off of Ladom and pet her head and watch mom climb off after.

"My baby girl is finally going to school!" She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"Mom! I can handle my self from here..." I said with tears in my eyes. She kissed my cheek.

"Write all the time!" She said, on the brink of tears.

"I promise I will..." She handed me my suit case and I started to walk away from her and Ladon. "I love you, Mom!" I yelled behind me.

"I love you so Much, Alice!" She kissed her hand and waved to me. I didn't look back because I know I'll start crying.

I navigated through the field, looking at all the people and dragons. The parents that were saying goodbye to their children. I walked for quiet a while until I reached the school. The whole school looked like an ancient castle made of pearly white marble, but it was beautiful. I saw someone at the front gate, taking acceptance letters. I approached the boy. "Uh... Here..." I gave him my letter.

He examined it before smiling at me. "Welcome to Safine!"