I glanced at Tyreek and noticed he had an agitated look on his face. "Don't worry ma, I'll handle it. Can you give Tyrone a bath for me?" I asked trying to get rid of her so I can talk to Tyreek. I knew he wasn't gonna say anything when she was around.

"Sure honey." She sighed and jogged upstairs.

When she was completely out of earshot I stepped to Tyreek. "Where you goin'?

"Me and a couple of guys are going to watch a football game at the park." He said.

"On a Sunday night?" I asked raising my eyebrow suspiciously. "Try again."

"Man, why you always in my business?" he complained.

"To keep your underage ass out of trouble and to keep momma stress free." I told him. "Now you gon' tell me where you going or nah?"

"Nah."

"Then stay your ass home." I said simply and started to walk away.

"Aight! Fine." He said giving in. I smirked and turned around. "Me and Maleek are going to hang out with a couple of guys in Bourbon Park."

My smirk was instantly replaced by an angered look. "Are you mad! That's enemy territory. The hell you going over there for?"

Bourbon was Kiërra's neighborhood. Believe it or not, the suburbs ain't all that innocent. They have gangs and many crimes go down there. It's not as bad as here, in Cartier Ville but it's still pretty bad. We look worst because we're in the ghetto with low income families and families on welfare.

I was not about to let Tyreek get killed for whatever stupidness he was planning on doing tonight. "We just going to chill. I ain't finna do nothing stupid, I promise."

"I don't care, you ain't goin' nowhere."

"Why the hell not?"

"One wrong move up there and they call the feds after your ass. Who side you think the police gon' take? You'll end up rotting in jail just like pops."

Tyreek scowled at the mention of our father. "Fuck you!" He snapped and stormed upstairs to his room.

Dad was arrested two years before my sister was murdered. Before he got arrested, he left us for another woman in California. Tyreek was the closest to dad and even the slightest mention of him can strike a nerve.

I shook my and walked back upstairs to my room where mom was getting Tyrone dressed for bed. "He ain't goin' no where tonight ma."

"Thank you baby." She said and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

Mom and I talked as she finished dressing Tyrone. Then Tyrone kissed her goodnight and I tucked him into the bed.

>>>•

I was chillin' at the park with Romeo. He was the only one around and I didn't wanna stay home with Tyreek. Tyrone was at his boxing practice so I was free for the evening.

"So you and my sister are serious, huh?" Romeo asked after taking a piff from his blunt.

"We've been together for about three months so I guess it's legit."

"Just don't break her heart." He said.

"Because you're gonna kick my ass if I do?" I asked jokingly.

"Because Kiërra will kick your ass, then Kiona, then me, then Davion and possibly Kevanté." He said.

"I thought you ain't care for Kiërra." I said raising my eyebrow.

"Of course I care for her, she's my baby sister," he said throwing his blunt to the floor and stepping on it. "But if I let her know that then she would do me like she does Davion. Then I'll turn into a soft nigga and do whatever she wants. She's got a way with people, you know?"