Chapter 33: Goodbye, Lucy

-Lucy P.O.V-
I didn't sleep. I was standing on the balcony, watching the sun rise. I had sent all the staff away, except Spetto and a few guards who insisted on helping protect the house.
"T-The whole of fairy tail's coming here," Natsu said, joining me. "Warren just told me."
"W-Why?!" I said back, shocked. "It's not safe. Tell them to go back-"
"Lucy, you know they're not going to do that." He replied. I stared at him, and then sighed.
"Can I tell you what Lucifer told me?" I said, in a half whisper.
"Yeah, of course you can. To be honest, I've been wanting to know for a while-"
"Angelus. Do you remember me saying that?" I asked, interrupting him. I waited as he thought back, then he nodded.
"Yeah, you mentioned it when I was carrying you out..." He muttered.
"That's what happened to all the angels back then. That's what started the war. 'Angelus' is what happens when an angel becomes most powerful. They...lose control of them self."
Natsu stared deeply into my eyes, taking in what I was saying.
"Lucifer was never the enemy, Natsu. I was."
He shook his head in disbelief. "You don't mean to tell me-"
"I have to die, Natsu." Tears began to fall down my cheeks, as they glistened in the morning sun. "As soon as I was hit by Lucifer's beam, constant angelic power has been flowing into me...Lucifer was fighting me to use it up. If he hadn't have done that, the power would've destroyed my body from the inside out."
Natsu was completely still, and there were tears in the corner of his eyes.
"It's all led to this."

-Gray P.O.V-
We were all heading to the Heartfilia mansion. If this really was the end, we would spend it with each other. Jack was in Juvia's arms, hugging her tightly. Erza was next to me, as we stared ahead of us.
"Are you scared?" Erza asked me. She wasn't asking to taunt- she was asking because she wanted to know if she wasn't alone.
"Yeah," I muttered, nodding my head. We arrived shortly- the mansion wasn't far from the guild (A/N if it is let's just pretend it wasn't :P). Spetto answered when we knocked on the door, and she silently let us past. "Natsu?" I shouted, as we filled the main hall. After a few seconds, Lucy appeared on the landing. She stared at us, as tears filled her eyes.
"Everyone..." I heard her mutter.
"Come down, Lucy," I heard Erza say. "Let's do this together."

-Lucy P.O.V-
I ran down to them, my face full of tears. Erza greeted me with a hug, and I cried on her shoulder.
"Thank you..." I whispered, hugging her tightly. "Thank you so much."
She smiled at me, then let go. I suddenly heard Nashi's voice calling me, so I looked behind me.
"Natsu will be down in a minute," I said. "I have to go see what's wrong."
Erza and Gray nodded, understanding. I quickly ran up the stairs and followed where the voice had come from. As I neared the voice, however...I realised they were cries for help.
My run became a fly. My wings outstretched, I dashed through the air, until I was instantly inside the room. Nashi was on the floor, crying over a guard who was lying still.
"Nashi, what happened?!" I said, running over.
She stared at me, her face wet with tears.
"There was a man, he was asking for 'Lucy'..." She sobbed.
Lucifer? I thought. But why?
"He was crying," Nashi whispered. I leaned down, and put my hand on her cheek. I was about to comfort her, when I realised she was burning hot. I quickly removed my hand, shocked.
"M-Mommy?" She muttered, confused. Then, to my complete horror...
She began to glow.
I started to tremble. Don't...tell me he...
I grabbed a towel, and wrapped it around Nashi. I then picked her up, and rushed her out the room.
"Mommy, what's going on..." Nashi asked, as I hurried her down various hallways.
"Nothing, baby," I whispered. "Just hang on to me." I grew my wings out, and began to fly again. I hated flying down hallways- they were designed for walking. But really, what was the point anymore? I stopped when I ran into Natsu. I lowered myself down, until my feet touched the floor.
"What's happened?" He asked, seeing that I was in a panic. Before I could answer, he noticed Nashi's glow, and his eyes widened.
"Oh god..." He muttered.
Lucy, come to the balcony. I need to explain. Give Nashi to Natsu.
I paused, terrified. Then, without thinking, I handed over Nashi to Natsu and ran.
"Get her somewhere safe!" I shouted out.
It's starting.