Chapter 32 Dance Of The Daughter

-Lucy P.O.V-
"Spetto!" I cried, relieved to see her in the distance. Her eyes lightened when she spotted me, and she began to run over.
"Lucy, dear!" She said excitedly. "Oh, you're filthy! Come and have a bath."
"O-Ok..." I muttered, looking back at where we had come from.
"What's wrong, dear?" Spetto asked, stopping.
Natsu...
"Nothing," I replied. "I just...miss him."

A maid had taken Nashi separately to get all the dirt washed off of her. As I relaxed in the warm water, I sunk my body under. Silence came with the water that filled my ears, as I went still.
I wasn't dying...I was already dead.
"Lucy?"
I sat up, hearing my name.
"I-I'll be out in just a minute!" I shouted, as I pulled the plug on the drain. I quickly stepped out of the bath as the water was drained, and wrapped a towel round my body and hair. I ran over to the door, and swung it open. Spetto stood on the other side, holding out a dress for me to wear.
"Thank you, Spetto," I said, taking them off her.
"Dinner's in a few minutes. Nashi's already downstairs," she replied.
"Is she being watched?" I asked.
"Of course."
"That's good. I'll be down as soon as I'm ready."
"Would you like me to send someone up do to your hair?" Spetto asked.
"No...I think I'll just leave it down tonight," I muttered.
Doing my hair, like I did every night for the past four years...would just be another distraction from what's really happening.
This is the end.
I slipped on the dress, and dried my hair with a magic spray I'd bought. After it was brushed, I sighed at myself in the mirror, and stood up. There was another full length mirror by the door, in which I twirled, the soft dress circling round my legs.
What's even the point of this...I thought to myself. I shook my head at my own thoughts, then faced the door.
This is your last meal.
Enjoy it.

-Natsu P.O.V-
Another guard had come to visit. I wasn't in pain- anything I was going through was nothing compared to what Lucy had been forced to endure.
I glared at him, my eyes sharp. "What do you want?" I muttered.
"It's time," the guard replied. Then a small smile crept over his face, as he tightened his grip on a spiked, metal bat.

-Lucy P.O.V-
As I walked down the stairs, I spotted Nashi running out of the dining room, in a small dark blue dress. A maid ran after her, looking embaressed.
"Mommy!" She shouted out to me, laughing. She began spinning round, showing off her outfit.
"You look beautiful, baby," I said, as I made my way down to her. I reached her, and held her hand tightly as we walked to the dining room together.
"I miss Daddy," she muttered. I clenched the hand she wasn't holding into a fist, but shortly after relaxed.
"Daddy'll be back soon," I replied. "Mommy's going to pick him up."
"Lucy dear, dinner is ready!" Spetto called out from the dining room. I turned round, but before I could respond Nashi raced me inside.
"Spetto, about Natsu-"
"I know," Spetto said quickly, interrupting me. "We know Natsu's in trouble, and we know it's...all ending...so please, just let us serve you one more night. We've all...had so much fun here." Spetto's face was close to tears, as she stared at me desperately.
"Spetto-"
"Now what meal would you like tonight, dear? We have a choice of three meals: of course, we have your favourite seafood platter. We also have a French croque madame with camembert cream sauce. And finally, an Italian tournado rossini with a matured Merlot coq au van."
I stared into her eyes- she was trying so hard not to burst into tears. I sighed, and smiled back at her.
"I'll take the croque madame, please," I said.
"A splendid choice my dear," she replied, hurrying off into the kitchen. Nashi was sitting opposite me, like she always did at dinner.
But this dinner was different.
"Nashi, come and sit next to me," I said, patting the seat beside mine.
"O-Ok..." Nashi muttered. She jumped off of her chair, her feet lightly touching the floor, as she made her way over to me.
"Mommy has to go now," I said to her. I hugged her tightly, and kissed her on the cheek.
"M-Mommy..." She muttered, her eyes close to tears.
"I'm going to get Daddy back." I whispered.