Chapter 17

Being lonely is one thing but being lonely and pregnant was a whole new ball game. I spun my chair around to face the large window giving me an impeccable view of Los Angeles and simply took it all in.

The large skyscrapers, the blue sky and everything. I wasn't that far along, around 5 weeks but I already felt like I was big and round. You couldn't even tell I was pregnant.

There was a knock at my office door and I spun back around to face my visitor. "Come in!" I called.

The door opened and Pierce walks in. Pierce was attractive, Tall, cute, athletic but no one holds a candle to Nick. Nick was everything to me and more. I couldn't even explain the feelings he evoked inside of me.

"Eve Baxter," He spoke, a smirk crossing his face.

I leaned back in my seat and glared at him. Pierce was a great guy don't get me wrong but he had a ugly jealousy issue and he was a douche during arguments which resulted in him being the bad guy after all.

I loved him, I at least thought I loved him but life just didn't work out. He became an ass and I fell in love with my best friend's brother.

I glanced at Nick's picture and then back at Pierce who was watching me.

"May I help you?" I placed my hands together on my desk and leaned forward. My jeans were pinching my belly and I knew they were soon to be retired for a while. I adjusted them and returned my focus to Pierce.

"You know Eve I've missed you," He confidently admits and leans against the edge of my desk turning to look at me.

"Pierce if you're coming here to give me the same bullshit speech you always do then save it. I don't want to here it."

"What do you see in him?"

The question caught me off guard sort of but I knew it was coming.

"What do you mean?"

"I wasn't good enough for you? What does he have that I don't?" His eyes shown with desperation and hope.

"Pierce, it wasn't that...Nick he's just .." I stopped and looked down.

"I can prove to you that I've changed, I Promise. You won't regret it."

"Pierce... I'm married to Nick."

Pierce's eyes widened as he stood up. His eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "You won't marry me but you'll marry him? You haven't even known that guy for that long. Why would you marry him?"

"Pierce none of that matters anymore. I love Nick with everything I have and that's all that matters." I took a deep breath and placed my head in my hands.

"Are you knocked up or something?" I looked up surprised that he guessed it so quickly.

"Yeah I am but that's not why I married him,"I admitted softly.

He stood there staring at me and I didn't know what to do nor say so I gazed back until finally he turned abruptly and walked out of the room slamming the door shut.

"Well that went better than I thought," I sighed dryly.

My cellphone rung and I picked it up anxiously hoping its Nick.

"Hello?" I practically yelled into the phone.

"Whoa, why the yelling?" Alysha asked.

"Oh its you. I thought it was Nick.." I trailed off disappointed.

"Oh you don't want to talk to me? Fine."

"Alysha Hey boo, what's going on?" I smiled slightly but I wasn't too happy that it wasn't Nick. We talked almost everyday when he had time which was becoming shorter and shorter. I hated being alone and pregnant.