Chapter 44

"I'm surprised you're still living here." 

"Its only until next month actually." 

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow as I watched Draco take a seat in front of me in the kitchen. 

"You can't expect me to live with my mother and father for the rest of my life," Draco snorted slightly. "I found a small place that will do fine." 

I nodded, "did you ever visit me?" 

"At least twice a month," Draco nodded, "but Weaslebee was always there though."

I smiled slightly, "so what are we doing exactly? Your letter was so vauge."

"I wanted to have lunch," Draco furrowed his eyebrows. "You've been around for a month now and I had yet to see you."

"Sorry," I blushed.

"I assumed you were getting things back in order after your coma, I'm surprised Weasley let you out of his sights," Draco laughed.

 "He's busy with his shop," I shrugged. 

"Have you gone back to work?" Draco placed a small plate of biscuits in front of me. 

"Got my post back from the Leaky Cauldron," I nodded, "I work every other day." 

 Draco smiled slightly, "I'm sorry...about the other--" 

"Don't. Just stop," I shook my head, Draco nodded. I took a deep breath, "so the Ministry let you stay out of Azkaban, must be nice." 

Draco shrugged, "I suppose. Did you hear that Hogwarts will be reopened for next year?" 

"No, I hadn't," I bit into one of the biscuits, smiling at the peanut butter taste. 

"Anyone who was a seventh year last year has the opportunity to retake the year," Draco nodded. 

"Are you going?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Haven't decided." I looked down at my watch and frowned. 

"I have to go or George will go mental, lunch next week?" I asked hopefully. 

Draco nodded, giving me a very small hug before I left for Wizard Wheezes. 

"Where have you been?" George demanded the moment I stepped inside. We were dead aside from two small children.

"I was at Draco's," I answered honestly. 

George nodded and hugged me, "I'm sorry, I'm a paranoid idiot-"

I smiled, "I was in a coma for seven months, I would be worried if you weren't overly protective about me for a few months." I took a step away, "but that stops tomorrow, deal?" 

George saluted with a smile, "starting tomorrow I promise to stop being overly protective." 

 ~*~*~* 

I walked down the hallway and stretched slightly, I glanced over the couch and saw George laying out and snoring slightly. I smiled as I made my way to the kitchen to make breakfast. It was now April. The first actually. 

Which meant perfection, it was George's birthday. The first one he'll spend without...Fred. I closed my eyes slightly and sighed, my heart still hurt when I thought about Fred but I still had my George. Which made things easier. We had each other to lean on.

I had just finished making pancakes and sausage and bacon when arms wrapped around my waist. 

"Morning, George," I grinned and turned around to look up at him. "Happy birthday," he smiled very slightly as he stepped away. "It'll be alright. I promise."