Chapter 2

*George's POV*

If there was ever a girl who was so truly mesmerizing, it was the one and only Kayley Sorin, however she didn't realize just how incredible she was. Standing next to her while Harry instructed the gathered group of what we were doing in the Room of Requirement for our secret DADA practice, was electrifying. Just smelling the honey suckle that wafted off Kayley in waves was enough to make me want to tell her just how much I fancied her. But I wouldn't, I couldn't, Fred and I had a pact-a stupid one at that-but we promised each other that we would wait for Kayley. 

For her to eventually tell us whom she fancied. 

Looking back, I wish I could take it back now. 

Kayley was more than beautiful, add the fact that she didn't even bat an eyelash at how guys looked at her when she entered a room or how girls shot jealous stares. You have just about the most beautiful girl imaginable. Dark brown hair that fell down to her shoulder blades in velvet waves with eyes a beautiful golden brown, her face was slightly heart shaped and her lips looked as soft as silk-though I've never had the honor of kissing her.

"Alright everyone, pair off and we'll get started." 

"You have no idea what we're doing, do you?" Fred whispered as I glanced around, noting that the honey suckle scented angel was now standing by Ginny laughing. 

"Not really," I muttered. Fred snorted and waved me to follow him to a corner as he discussed what we were doing. 

"You have to stop staring so much." 

"Like you don't?" 

Fred shrugged and grinned, "I can't help myself either." I noticed his eyes drift over my shoulder, I knew exactly where they were, I smirked. 

"Why did we make that pact?" 

"We would've killed each other otherwise," Fred commented. 

I nodded, "agreed." 

"Besides, I'd rather not fight my brother over a girl. We both know that I would win in the end," Fred smirked. 

"In your dreams, Freddie boy." 

"Let's have a good old duel then," Fred winked. 

*Fred's POV*

"Fred? Um....I was wondering, do you think...that...would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me?" 

A seventh year Ravenclaw girl stood before me, looking nervous as I smiled, "actually I have plans. Another time maybe?" Honestly, I didn't want to go out with on a date, there was only one girl I'd want to go with. Just wish she was interested in me. 

"That sounds great!" She smiled before rushing off. 

"Remind me to tell Kayley won't you?" George snickered, "she owes me money for a bet." 

"Taking bets on my love life now?" I shook my head as we made our way to the grounds where snow glistened in the afternoon sun. 

"It was Kayley's idea, so I suppose that means you won't get too mad then," George stated as he picked up some snow and began to compact it. "Speak of the devil," George pointed down the hill. Kayley was slowly making her way up toward the castle, alone, my breath caught in my throat. Kayley was undeniably the most beautiful girl in school, she out shined every girl here with just a simple smile. 

"Hey you two, where are you off to?" Kayley smiled as she pulled her scarf tighter around her neck. 

"Just a stroll," I shrugged.