Chapter 10

Kayley, this is the fifteenth letter we've sent with no answer.

Please just answer us. Or me?

I'm getting worried.

Hope you write back, or visit the shop.

Worrying.

-George

Kayley! Where the bloody hell are you?

Answer this right away

-Ginny

Kayley, I'm worried. Everyone here is worried.

Please, just tell us you're alright.

-Hermione

Kayley, thank you for the birthday gift.

At least we know you're alive. Now where are you?

-Harry

Kay, this is getting ridiculous, if you don't answer I'm sending out a search party for you.

Honestly, just answer the letters. Things are getting out of control, don't you know

what's going on lately? Please just tell us you're alright!

-Fred

Kayley, you're probably off with your aunt in the States. But at least send a letter back.

Everyone is on edge worrying about you.

-Ron

Kayley, you must be in real shit if Potter and company are sending me owls that aren't laced with bombs asking about you.

They're accusing me of kidnapping you.

Just tell them you're alive at least. Or myself? I'm beginning to worry myself.

-Draco

Kayley Danielle Sorrin, you're causing a lot of stress over here.

Just answer the blasted letters. We know you're getting them because

Hedgwig is returning empty handed. If you don't answer, we'll have to

go to drastic measures.

-Hermione, Ron, and Harry

Kayley, just send a little parchment back that says you're fine.

More and more people are missing, I couldn't live with myself to see

your name on that list. Just please, I'm begging for you to answer me.

I'm tearing myself apart!

-George

The letters got worse from then on, the first month everyone gave me enough distance. Understanding that I still needed to recover from the Ministry adventure, after all I had some of the worst injuries--my right leg was both broken and I lost some of the muscle in my thigh thanks to that knife, my torso was wrecked as well. I had six broken ribs which took a few weeks to fully heel, and after that I was just so weak that I couldn't do very much. Aunt Marcy stuck around, taking care of me. But it's now August, a week after Harry's birthday and the letters were getting worse by the day.

"Your friends sure do miss you," Marcy commented as she sat besides me on my bed.

"I know."

"Why're you doing this? Shutting them all out like this," Marcy sighed.