Chapter 19

"Are you positive you're up for this?" 

"More than ever." 

"Alright,  we'll give it a go next Monday then. Meet here and we'll go from there." 

I grinned as Mr. Weasley walked back down the hall of headquaters, starting next week I would be shadowing him while at work. Saying that I'm an intern trying to make it. That was the plan at least, and hopefully it would work. No one exactly noticed many things like that so it would work to our advantage. 

I left the headquarters and headed straight to the Leaky Cauldron, requesting to see if I could get a job. 

After the bar keep studied me for an uncomfortable amount of time I was given papers to fill out and was hired on the spot. At least now I had an income. 

"How's your big plan going?" George asked as I sat down to dinner with Fred and him at the Cauldron. 

"Steps one and two are done, now to work on the third," I said smiling widely. 

"What was that step again?" Fred questioned as he passed me some bread. 

"Finding a place to live," I smiled. 

"You can stay with us until you find somewhere." 

"It's five in the evening so you won't have much luck," Fred agreed with George. 

I chewed on my piece of bread and nodded, "I could also just take a room here..."

"Shouldn't you save any of your money?" Fred objected. 

"It'd be fun," George grinned. 

I noticed Fred frown into his soup but he didn't say a word as he smiled at me the next moment, I could feel the tension between them. And it was bothering me. 

"You know, I think I may just spend the night here," I spoke quietly. 

"Why?" George looked concerned. 

"There's something between you two, don't lie! I know there is," I looked at them. The twins shared a look. 

"Don't know what you mean," Fred commented. 

"Come off it, both of you!" I rolled my eyes and drank the last traces of my soup. "There's something you're hiding from me, why?" 

"There's nothing going on," Fred frowned. George quickly agreed. 

I sighed, "fine. If you say so." 

"Please don't stay here, you can have one of our rooms if you'd like," George pleaded. 

I sighed and agreed, I'd rather not have to pay for a room with the little money I did have saved away. I needed that. "Fine, fine." 

We took no time finishing our meal before heading down the alley toward their shop, I hadn't been there long enough to absorb the shop fully, when I stepped in I was amazed. The twins had created their dream and it was brilliant, the vast amount of products they had was incredible! I'd never seen a shop like this. But I didn't have much time to look around as Fred and George ushered me up the stairs in the back to their apartment. Once inside I realized it was rather small. 

"There's not much here but we have a television to watch a few things," Fred shrugged. 

"A movie player as well," George commented. 

"Bathroom is the first door on the left and the other two doors are bedrooms, you can have your pick. Do you need something to wear?" 

I looked in my bag, I sort of left my trunk and everything at Hogwarts...my only sleepwear was a pair of shorts and whatever shirt I was currently wearing. I'll have to deal with that tomorrow.

"I'll take some clothes," I turned to the twins. 

Without hesitation George shot off to his room, I noticed Fred frowning. 

I hugged Fred tightly, he chuckled slightly, "whatevers going on between you two, I'll leave." 

"No, it's fine. We're fine," Fred shook his head and sighed. 

I let go of him and frowned, "what exactly is going on?" 

Fred looked like he was about to tell me when George appeared, anything I'd wanted to know would have to wait. "Here you can take a shower if you'd like," George smiled. 

I thanked him before walking to the bathroom and undressing, when the warm water hit me I instantly relaxed. Feeling at ease for the first time in a few days. 

*Fred's POV*

"Looks like she's chosen," I said darkly. 

George shrugged, "and if so?" 

"What'd you do to make her change like that? She'd never--" 

"Her aunt died and I went to comfort her, I didn't do anything else but give her a shoulder to cry on," George said calmly. "I promised not to do anything and I haven't." 

I shook my head and walked into the kitchen, pouring three iced teas, "this is the only disappointment of having a twin with similar tastes." 

George sighed, leaning against the doorframe behind me, "I agree. But...whoever she chooses...it doesn't change a thing, does it?" 

I looked at him, handing him the glass, "it changes everything." 

George took a sip of the tea, regarding me with a raised eyebrow, "suppose it does then." 

"So I think I'm just going to go to bed  now..." Kayley whispered as she entered the room, she took the ice tea from me and smiled. "See you in the morning?" 

"Yeah, we'll both be in the shop but we'll leave you breakfast," I smiled. 

"Thank you, really," she nodded and left the room. 

George and I looked out the door and watched her walk down the hall, turning to the room on the right and going inside. 

"Looks like she's picked then," George whispered as he patted my shoulder. 

I was jealous and envious, why wasn't it me? Why did it have to be George? I was happy for him, completely happy, but I still felt jealous as I stood there watching the door to George's room shut.

"I'm sorry, mate," George whispered. "But...maybe it's not over." 

"yeah...maybe it's not over...its not like she knew that was your room."

 Even if she had chosen, I wasn't going down without a fight. I deserved that much.