Chapter 31

I woke up smiling for the first time in months, I was happy, so very happy that I was grinning in the mirror as I got dressed in jeans and my black jumper. As I brushed my hair a pair of strong arms found my waist and I was breathing in the familiar scent that was George. He smelt of grass and toothpaste as he rested his chin on my shoulder. 

"You have the most breathtaking eyes," George muttered, kissing my neck very gently. "Have I told you that?" 

"Never," I laughed slightly. 

George smiled at the mirror image of us, "we make a pretty beautiful couple don't we?" 

I snorted, blushing slightly as George cupped my face and kissed me passionately. Kissing George erupted butterflies in my stomach that threatened to get out with every passing second. His lips were soft and velvet against mine, when we broke apart George was laughing. 

"Your face is so red," he pointed out. I looked at my feet, feeling him kiss my forehead, "I'll be back in an hour." 

I smiled as he walked off, heading to do Potterwatch in the garage with Lee Jordan, I walked to the living room. Cleaning up the few cups and plates that were scattered about, its been three weeks since George came back and we've been like this. Constantly at each other's side, George's arms around my waist and his lips against mine. 

My fingers grazed the locket my Aunt Marcy had given me once before, I wondered if she was happy with me. I finally listened to my heart, I finally listened to my feelings. Even though my entire being wanted to go against what my heart told me, I knew this was right. Everyone was happy, even Fred seemed surprisingly happy. 

"Care for a cookie?" Fred offered a plate in front of me when I entered the kitchen with the plates and cups I'd found. 

I put the dishes in the sink, flicking my wand for them to clean themselves as I took a seat across from Fred. 

"Are you happy?" I looked at Fred quizically. 

He nodded slightly, "of course, Kayley. Why?" 

I shrugged, playing with the fringe of my sweater, "because I know how you feel about me?" 

Fred smiled, "I always knew it would be George in the end. I'm alright with everything so long as you're happy." 

"I am," I confirmed. 

Fred nodded, "then I'm happy too."

When I walked into my bedroom, I didn't know what to expect but seeing George laying on my bed was not one of those, I dried my hair from my shower and smiled as I sat beside him. 

"It's time for bed, George," I smiled. 

George smirked, holding out his arms for me, "yes it is." Rolling my eyes I laid beside him, our lips instantly locking, when we parted he was frowning. "You're alright with everything aren't you? I know this isn't really your territory." 

"Oh, and it's your territory?" I joked. 

"I've always been able to listen to my feelings," George smirked, taping my nose with his finger. "I just worry about you," he frowned.

"Afraid I'll freak and run off?" I raised an eyebrow. 

George's gaze fell, "it's...it's crossed my mind." 

I kissed his cheek, "I wouldn't run away from you. Not anymore." 

 George grinned and hugged me tightly, "I'll let you go to sleep, good night, Kay." He kissed me lightly before getting up and leaving the room. 

I smiled slightly, noticing the pillow smelled like him, I hugged it tightly to myself and drifted off in a peaceful sleep. 

~*~*~ 

Days passed and it was Valentine's day, I woke up and looked around the small room. Would George have anything planned? I doubt it, I doubt he even knew what today was. 

I got dressed in a crimson colored t-shirt with a black long sleeved shirt underneath and a pair of jeans with holes in the knees. I went to brush my teeth, once I opened the door a shower of confetti fell down around me and a note hovered in my face. 

Meet me outside when you're ready

I smiled slightly, side stepping the note and continuing to the bathroom where I quickly brushed my teeth, I raced downstairs waving to Mrs. Weasley as I went. George was standing by the door when I found him. 

He turned to look at me, grinning widely, "happy Valentine's day." 

"Happy Valentine's day," I smiled. 

"I have a surprise for you," George took my hand, leading me back inside the garage where Potterwatch was set up. sitting beside the radio equipment were two plates of pancakes and toast. "Breakfast for two." 

"Did you make the pancakes?" I asked excitedly taking one side of the small table. 

"Tried to at least, I hope they're alright," George shrugged. 

I tucked in, the pancakes were great with syrup, "they're great, Georgie." 

George smiled, "anything for you, my dear Kay." 

I noticed a newspaper from yesterday sitting beside the radio, I picked it up and frowned. My name was under the list of the wanted. I looked up at George, he was glaring at the paper as if the fault laid with it. 

"Kayley, just for today, let's not talk about the outside world," George pleaded quietly. 

I looked at him, he looked so worried as he waited for me to say something. I nodded very slowly, "just for today." 

He gave a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes as he took a bite of his food, "let's just focus on us today. Tomorrow we'll worry about everything else." 

For the rest of the day we talked about everything between us, about what George wanted to do with the joke shop the second he could reopen it. But the nagging thought of wanting to know why I was wanted by the Death Eaters ate away at my thoughts, at least I had George to keep my mind off it all. 

I was so distracted by the paper I didn't even notice George getting up and pulling me into his chest. 

"They want me as well, love. I promise everything will be alright," George muttered into my hair as he held me close. "Let's enjoy the day." 

"What else are we doing today?" I mused. 

George leaned down and kissed me deeply, his fingers entwining in my hair. "Looks like an entire day of fun then," I grinned at him. George chuckled, his fingers grazing my jawline gently.