Chapter 23

I stepped into the Burrow, noticing Ginny and Hermione conversing by the stairs.

"Why're you here?" Ginny growled. Hermione, Ron, and Harry had warmed back up to me; at least now we were talking to each other. Ginny was still cold as ever.

"I was invited to the wedding, sweetie," I said cheerily. Hermione placed a hand on Ginny, warning her not to fight.

"No one wants you here, just--"

I glared at her, getting up to my full height, staring her down as I cut her off. "You know, you were my friend. Scartch that, you were my best friend, and now look at you. Treating me like complete shit. How dare you." Hermione stepped away and out the front door, possibly to get the twins.

"You care to fight?" Ginny raised an eyebrow.

"I'm better than you. Unlike you, I'd rather not fight my best friend."

"I'm not your best friend. That ended the second you left after promising you wouldn't!" Ginny went from cold and collected to tantrum screaming psycho in seconds. " You promised me you wouldn't leave! But you went and left without a word! You kicked in Harry's skull, you psycho!"

I scoffed, "where were you when the twins exiled me?! I had no one! I had to transform into a bloody cat just for company."

"I was always there!" Ginny said a bit hysterically loud.

"Like hell you were, and you weren't exactly comforting me when you heard the news of my aunt. All of you just left me alone--"

"Because you bashed in Harry's skull!" Ginny roared.

"I came to you, I came to everyone sobbing, needing someone--"

"Sure seemed like that after you shoved Harry's skull into the stairs," Ginny seethed, "and that's another thing. How could you do that to him?!"

"I left without a word because what could I say? 'Hey, I'm off to New York to see my aunt's grave and oh, I'm never returning to school.' That would've gone over so well with everyone." I explained, "and I did that out of anger, I didn't mean to be so harsh, but I did it because the last family member I had was now dead. And you all hid that from me."

"Because you would've done exactly what Harry did and tried to go and save her somehow and gotten killed."

"I would much rather be dead than alive!" I screamed, my chest rising and falling rapidly as my words sunk in, Ginny's eyes narrowed and she looked slightly caught off guard.

Ginny couldn't respond before hands rested on my shoulders, I glanced behind me. It was George, and he didn't look too happy.

"Ginny. You know Kayley just as well as everyone else here so you know how she reacts in different situations, she left without a word because she didn't know how to say she needed help." George spoke so calmly. "She never has."

"How can you defend her? She's stringing you along! Making you wait for her to choose between you and Fred, she's not even worth it!" Ginny continued to yell.

"Kayley is worth every moment I wait," George stated gruffly. "It's not her fault she has to do everything on her own."

"Any girl would be able to say who they fancied, but not her and she's had you waiting for two years. Two years you've been waiting for this dumb, daft girl to decide if she's in love with you or Fred!" I flinched at Ginny's words which were all too true.

"That's enough, today isn't about you." George said darkly.

Ginny was pissed as she stormed off, but not before punching my arm harshly.