Chapter 24

I'd figured it out, I can't believe that I'd finally accepted the fact that I liked someone. Not just anyone, but George Weasley. I liked him, I really liked him. Everything made sense now!

I jumped out of the shower, pulling on black slacks and a blue top with sequins around the collar, I brushed out my hair and dried it quickly. I had to go to the Ministry for the morning before working all night at the Leaky Cauldron. Between those times I would find George and tell him that everything made sense.

Grabbing my bag, I apparated straight away, practically running to Mr. Weasley but I was stopped by a gruff looking man who looked down at me and practically glared.

"Can I help you?" He said gruffly.

"I'm an assitant to Arthur Weasley, head of the--"

"There is no such post, you do not belong here."

"Like hell I don't!" I started getting hot, this was my mission. I would not let this...Buffoon stop me. I felt a hand my arm and I turned to see Mr. Weasley himself frowning.

"Simmonds, she does belong with me. I hope you can excuse us."

The man studied Mr. Weasley for a few silent moments before giving a small nod, "keep her out of my sights."

A thousand nasty comments came to mind as I glared, but I wouldn't say a word. I was too happy and not even that git Simmonds could get me down.

After my morning of setting up more bugs around the Ministry, even getting one outside the Minister's door, I was off. I flooed right into the Leaky Cauldron, scaring Tom before rushing through the back entrance to Diagon and running until I was through the door of Weasley Wizard Wheezes.

I was in such high spirits to tell George everything, that it took a moment for me to register what I was witnessing as I stood in the doorway.

There was George Weasley kissing...Alicia Spinnet...

My heart fell through my chest and crashed onto the floor in a million tiny pieces. The air in my lungs suddenly disappeared as I stood there.

I made a squeaking noise, backing up quickly and bumping into something causing it to crash, George looked up. He looked horrified when he saw me.

"Kayley."

But I was already out the door and down the street, my eyes were blurred by my never ending tears. I'd never cried so much in my life, I was always strong and tough but now I was just this weak girl that constantly found herself crying...I kept running until I ran into someone's chest. I looked up to find it was Fred.

One look at me and he knew everything he ever needed to know, with a swift motion he picked me up and carried me without a word to my apartment. Helping put the key into the lock and helping me over to my couch.

"You chose," Fred commented.

I began sobbing, "Fred, I'm sorry. I really am. But it's-"

Fred held up a hand and shook his head, he looked sad but he looked worried as well. "Don't worry about me. What can I do for you?" he whispered concerned.

I started sobbing, wishing myself that it was Fred, but it wasn't. My heart knew and my body knew that I loved George more than I could ever love Fred. Fred pulled me into his chest, trying to stop the sobs but I only sobbed harder, this must be hard for him to watch...why was he watching me cry over his brother? I shook as the sobs wrecked my body.

There was pounding at the door and I fell silent, Fred motioned me to stand and without a sound he guided me to my bedroom. We sat in there as the pounding continued.