❦ chapter six ❦

tuesdays were just always boring to Flossy, even when she was younger and school was much easier to her. what made the day significantly even more boring was the fact that it was the last period of the day and she was taking a test in biology. she had been done for what felt like two days but was only twenty minutes. Calum already turned in his test - no shocker there - and was staring aimlessly around the room. Flossy took this extra opportunity to gaze at him without him looking.

she always found Calum looking at her but it wasn't until now that she was placed in his shoes. she hadn't really looked at how prominent his jawline was until now and realized that it could literally stab her. he was twiddling his fingers but it was then that she appreciated just how long they were and their color and even the slightest remnant of black color to them, just like nail polish. his arms were perfectly displayed in the plain button up he was wearing and she envisaged just what it would feel like to be held by him. his lips were chapped from being licked and nibbled on previously in his time line. his normally bright and caramel eyes were dull as they looked at everything but her. it made her notice that she was secretly waiting for him to look back at her.

it was almost like she could hear her thoughts and desires as he suddenly looked to her from across the room. his eyes immediatley brightened just from making eye contact with her. she smiled ever so slightly; the secret of how happy she became just from him noticing her too light to be detected. she picked up her hands from under the table and moved her thumbs like she was texting, asking him with the gesture to text her. he nodded eagerly and fished his phone out from the side pocket of his khaki colored jeans.

calumari: what if old man catches us? he'll give us both zeros for the test.

flo(ral)ssy: if he really does, then he can check our texts and see that we're not giving each other answers. i don't think he'll even notice because you can hear his snoring from a mile away.

true to her word, the two of them looked up and over to their teacher, whose chair was tilted back and mouth was open wide, releasing sounds of pure exhaustion. Calum looked back at Flossy who smirked before she could type out a reply.

flo(ral)ssy: old man? I wouldn't expect his star student to call him such a name.

calumari: there's a lot about me you wouldn't expect.

Flossy looked up over at Calum who wouldn't look back at her. the response seemed almost imploring to be dug deeper into but Flossy wasn't sure if that was really what he wanted her to do. instead of making a fool of herself and being a dweeb, she went for a different approach.

flo(ral)ssy: such a deep response that seems to go both ways.

calumari: oh really? how so?

flo(ral)ssy: you know that little test that we're in the middle of? well I finished it five minutes before you did. without guessing.

Calum's eyes were wide when they perked up to look at her. all Flossy did was slowly lean back in her chair with crossed arms and lifted her eyebrows up at him as if to say, "what are you going to do about it?" immediately Calum's fingers worked across his screen to type a reply.

calumari: well then why is it still on your desk?

flo(ral)ssy: nope it's your turn, buddy boy.

there was a silence in their conversation that gave Flossy time to observe the room like Calum had earlier. everyone was done the test except for her and someone who fell asleep on it. figuring she was the last person to technically hand it in, she did so with a strut she hoped Calum was looking at. she came back to her desk with no new messages which made her look over to Calum with a quizzical glance. of course, this was the time he didn't look back at her. the bell screamed through the classroom, waking up their sleeping teacher, and making Flossy very slightly angry as she stormed out of the room.