❦ chapter five ❦

surprisingly enough, Flossy didn't stay after and hang around the next day. she didn't feel like getting drunk or high, but instead just going home and watching Game of Thrones and maybe actually do some homework for once. her and Calum walked home together after biology, talking about more music they both enjoyed. there was just something about him becoming more comfortable with her that just made her day.

it was almost five o'clock when the door to the big house she lived in opened. she thought it was her sister Chessie so she disregarded it and continued having a moment over Rob Stark. she and Calum were also texting here and there while he actually did homework.

calumari: what are the keys to happiness?

calumari: colon parentheses :)

flo(ral)ssy: you're suck a gnome.

calumari: wow that's so tumblr !!!!!!!! what an insult i aM OFFEND !1!8!6!!!!

Flossy rolled her eyes at his reply but still smiled. he was such a nerd but maybe he just brought out that part of her that was too. she hadn't exactly come out and tell him that they weren't as different as he - and everyone else for that matter - thought they were but she dropped hints here and there that she liked Marvel comics too and may or may not have stumbled across playing a few video games when she had nothing else to do.

she had no pictures of it, therefore it never happened.

she was bored so she walked down the winding steps of her mansion into the kitchen. it was a big room filled with stainless steel electric appliances left and right. the small table in the corner - never used by any of the family members - had a marble top as did the counters. the woods spaced through the cooking area were all a nice burgundy brown color. she immediately went to one of the large, professional chef refrigerators and rummaged through it for something to satisfy her hunger need.

her parents were the richest and critically acclaimed lawyers in London. with so much money and clients coming in, the fame and fortune automatically went to their heads. Donny and Rosemary Black were great people to the eye of everyone living in Croydon, where no one - not even their teenage daughters - could escape. the family were full of smiles all the time but when the eyes were no longer on them, that was when the family always fell apart.

you see, every single member of the Black family had a problem they needed hidden from the judgmental eyes of the popular families of the town. Florence Black had a discipline problem - she never followed the rules. Francesca Black had an eating problem - she did too much of it. Mr. Donald Black had a drinking problem - he loved it more than he loved his wife. Mrs. Rosemary Black had a problem with sex - she had too much of it without her husband.

Flossy was sitting on the marble counter-top, munching on left over cookie dough, as her mother strolled in with her hands full of grocery store bags. she said nothing as her obnoxiously tall heels clacked against the wood floors. when she got into the same room as her oldest daughter, Mrs. Black set the groceries down and started unpacking them, completely ignoring her daughter's presence. the feeling didn't get under Flossy's skin; after all, this was how her mother always treated her.

"thank you for offering to help, darling," her mother said to her after everything was put away. it was evident that she was mocking and being sarcastic towards her daughter. "appreciate it so much."