After Affects

"Aaliyah is an angel that was quite popular up in heaven for killing people before they were supposed to die. One time Nathaniel and I were hanging around together after the fall and we found her about to end someone's life so we intervened and stopped her. She was pissed at us and we haven't seen her since." Etheriel explains once I finally got their attention. I look between him and Nathan and they just stare at me.

"Should we call your parents? Tell them you're here?" Nathan says.

"They weren't called?" I ask confused, thinking that they should have been called as soon as I was admitted.

"I convinced the doctors not to." He says.

"Good. Don't call them." I state. If they knew they would freak out and probably blame it on Etheriel and Nathan. They both look at me shocked, but they don't say anything. "When am I getting out?" I say looking away from them and at the wall.

"Tomorrow... or in 11 hours I guess." Etheriel says and slowly takes my hands.

"What time is it?"I ask.

"Two in the morning." Etheriel responds. I nod slowly and continue to stare at the wall. I get out in 11 hours, at one. How am I going to hide the fact I was stabbed from my adoptive parents? I slowly put my hand on the spot I was stabbed to find that there is a large gauzy bandage underneath the thin hospital night gown.

"Should we mention it to her?" Nathan elbows Etheriel while whispering. I look at them confused.

"I don't know." He mumbles back.

"What?" I ask obviously wanting to know now. Etheriel and Nathan glance at each other and Etheriel lets out a loud sigh and shuts his eyes.

"You died in the back of the ambulance. Blood loss. But they were able to get you back." Etheriel says quickly. I stare at them not sure if I heard him correctly. Dead? I died? I didn't even notice anything.

"Trinity?" Nathan walks to the other side of the hospital bed and gently takes my hand, squeezing it. I slowly look at him.

"I died?" I whisper. He smiles sadly and nods. I stare at the wall three feet from the foot of the bed and zone out. Nathan says something to Etheriel and they chat back and forth.

I realize that I have fallen asleep and wake up to with the sun shining through the window and a nurse walking in talking to Etheriel. She flirts with him but either he is use to it/ doesn't notice or he doesn't think she is hot, which would be strange because she is really pretty. Tall like a supermodel with blonde hair, blue eyes, and large breasts. Every once in a while she would press her boobs together to try and gain Etheriel's attention, but he doesn't waver. Nathan walks in and immediately looks at her boobs and smirks before turning his attention to me.

"You get to go home, congrats!" Nathan exclaims and Etheriel looks at me, smiling. The nurse looks at both of them and glares slightly at me. She comes over and roughly pulls out the IV in my arm and put a bandage on it. She gives me a slip of paper for a prescription before walking out swaying her hips. A little bit later a guy nurse comes in and pulls clothes out of the cabinet and hand them to me. He ushers Etheriel and Nathan out and shuts the door behind him. I slid off the tall hospital bed and quickly pull on my clothes only stopping to look at the bandage around my torso and gently touch were I was stabbed at. I wince in pain and I put my shirt down, walking to the door and opening it. Etheriel is talking to the guy nurse and Nathan is just listening to them until I come out then he turns to me and smiles. I slowly walk over to them and the nurse turns to me.

"How is your injury? Uncomfortable? Painful?" he asks looking me up and down.

"Uh... It hurts a little." I say quietly. He nods and gestures to the prescription paper in Etheriel's hands.