Chapter 8

Thank you, one and all for voting, commenting, and supporting this series. I love you all, now onto the story you know and love!

-------------------------------

I went home that night, coming home at 0:00 (12:00 at night), was my normal time at getting home but when I came home, guess what I entered to.

"IZAAAAAYYYYYYAAAAAAA-KUUUUUUN!!!!" The beast yelled.

"Gosh, the whole neighborhood can hear you, quiet it down will yah?" I complained.

He gave me an irritated look, "What do you mean? You should have been home earlier than this." He then suggested to the clock and I found my mistake.

I had come home at 3:00.

My eyes widened and then softened, "Yeah, so what?"

"So what?! I thought you got hurt or even worse!"

"Calm yourself, alright, I'm home now, that's all that matters," I reassured.

He pouted then went to the kitchen. He came back into the living room with two plates of sushi, chopsticks, and some green tea.

We sat on the couch and sat in silence, besides the "Itadakimasu" part.

I just ate, realizing he got me fatty tuna sushi with wasabi. My favorite. It was no surprise though. He knew what I liked and that I preferred it out of any other food.

When I was done I was about to make it to the bedroom when...

"Izaya, who did you go see in Kyoto?"

I gulped, being frightened of saying the answer.

"Just some random person... I meet a lot of random people in my job."

He furrowed his brows looking at me more intently, "Who specifically?"

I cringed at his look, it was like his glare was stabbing my heart with a knife. I couldn't bear lying to him, "It was your ex..."

"My ex?! Really? Is she involved in a gang now 10 years later," he laughed at his joke but I sat silent.

"No... she isn't." I replied. When he looked into my eyes all of his humor turned to concern.

"When you were gone one day, I was looking at your Facebook and it says you are still in a relationship with her... I got jealous and decided to go and inspect this woman myself. I got her IP, the number, and addresses. When I showed up and asked her why she looked so sad, she said she was still thinking of you and that made me even more jealous. Then I got her number and told her I would call her back with information on your whereabouts."

I guess he saw how much it hurt me and gave me a hug, "Izaya, do you know why I broke up with that girl?"

My eyes widened then sank with the comfort that he broke up with her.

"She wasn't loyal to me. She might have said she was, but she wasn't. High school year we went out and when I went to have lunch with her on the rooftop she was being groped and kissed by another man, and she was enjoying it. She thinks I didn't see and didn't know what happened, but I did. I blamed our breakup on me moving to a different city and seeing other people," He said confidently.

So all that nonsense she was talking, was lies, "Well I promised her a call."

"Tomorrow morning, let's get some rest." I nodded in agreement and he carried me to the room.

I turned the opposite way he was facing and slept.

Hours later I was woken up by a tiny moan beside me and a call of my name.

"Izaya, wake up~" Was all I heard. I opened my eyes and was being straddled by Shizuo.

I blushed with embarrassment and instead of getting off me he kissed me on the lips. I sank into the kiss and our tongues mingled back and forth as if communicating a secret message of love. We then broke apart and I tasted miso soup on his tongue.

"Shizuo! Did you eat without me?!" I complained.

"Of course not! It was only to taste test the broth. Breakfast will be done in 5 minutes. Get up and get dressed. I have a day off today so we can do something if you like."

I smiled. A date, with Shizuo, this has to be a dream.

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up." I got off the bed and put something on that didn't smell all too dirty.

By the time I made my way out to the kitchen the smell of omurice and miso soup came into my nostrils and I was filled with hunger instantly. I sat at the table, the plates were set with the food and chopstick, prepared for me and him.

"Itadakimasu!" I cheered, starting to gobble down my food.

"Itadakimasu..." he mumbled and ate the food himself.

We ate in silence... Sometimes it feels like I and Shizuo are married in some way. I haven't told him my feelings but I'm sure he's aware. I mean, I wouldn't still be staying here if I didn't. That or I wouldn't let him sleep with me, or kiss me. I know one day though I am going to have to tell him my feelings.

"So, where do you want to go today?" I thought for a moment.

"Well, we could always get to an amusement park," I suggested.

He smiled, "I haven't been there since I was a kid. Yeah, let's go there."

Being glad we made an agreement I put my dish in the sink and walked back out. I then remembered one thing I had to do.

"Shizuo, remember the call." I reminded.

"Ah... yes. You have the number please type it in for me. I would like to tell her the news myself."

I nodded typed in the number and let it rang giving the phone to Shizuo.

When the call was placed I didn't hear anything from the cell myself but I heard Shizuo say, "Kaoru... yeah it's me, Shizuo."

I may have heard a squeal but it was intercepted, "Listen, remember the guy who came up to you."

There was a pause, "Well yeah, that's the person I'm in love with. I have no intentions of getting back together with you. I don't even want to be friends with you. I left you for a reason back then, and I don't intend on coming back. I am happy with my life here. Thank you for at least worrying about me, but I don't need you to worry. Have a nice life."

Then he hung up the call, breathed out a sigh and asked, "Amusement park time?"

----------------------------------

Hey, guys, I was reading back into my chapters and found things wrong with the story.

1) Kaoru was said to work in Ikebukuro but she lives in Kyoto. Since it isn't possible to travel 6 hours to work and back I will change where she works in the chapter.

2) Shizuo is said to not have a TV in his house, but they end up watching a movie on a TV. Though it could have been a laptop they were watching from, it would scare Izaya more if it was on a bigger screen.

3) I also have to go back and grammar/spelling correct my chapters.

I'm sorry this took so long. I'll start making the next chapter for Valentine's day. Hope you guys will like that. Please put if you want the changes down in the comments. If you don't really care then I'll leave them.

Happy soon to be Valentine's day guys. The next chapter will be awesome. I guarantee you that.

Edit 9/13/17: I fixed the error about Kaoru's living establishment. I also am in the middle of correcting some grammar!

Michi-out > v 0