Chapter 15

My eyes keep fluttering closed only to be snapped back open. I can't die... Not in front of Thranduil at least. It'll break his heart... I press my back against him. "Thranduil. I will say this last goodbye..."

His eyes widen as he makes the horse race towards the castle. "No! You're not dying on me! Not like this!" He shouts angrily. I begin to see the castle in the distance. He smiles as he makes the horse go even faster. "Just wait, my sweet... I won't let you die..." He kisses my neck.

I whimper as the pain grows unbearable. I press my hand over the gash in my stomach, trying to stop the bleeding.

The doors to the castle open wide. The horse races inside before coming to a halt. He jumps off and picks me up bridal style, walking to the healers. They run towards him and take me from his arms.

"Heal her immediately!" He orders.

They all nod and take me inside. After 3 hours he walks inside. His eyes widen when he sees the buckets filled with blood. I lay there, pale. He kneels next to me, tears falling from his eyes. "My sweet Ana... I love you..." He takes my cold hand and cries. 

My eyes flutter open. I run my hands through his hair. I smile sadly. "A wise friend once told me that life's too short for so much sorrow."

He snaps his head up and grins. "My love... My sweet." He leans in and kisses me gently. I kiss back, smiling.

The healers rush back in and place herbs on my stomach. I whimper, squeezing Thranduil's hand. He caresses my cheek. "Just relax... Everything will be fine, my sweet." 

5 hours later they stitch my stomach up. I smile tiredly. "Th-Thank you..." I sit up. My eyes widen. "Bilbo... He's still there!"

Thranduil pushed me back down. "He's safe. He's on his way home already."

I sigh in relief. "Oh... G-Good..." I close my eyes. He smiles before kissing my forehead.