Chapter 8

The scent of dwarves is by a bridge. When I go to it, there are bodies everywhere. I quickly go to where the scent is and see a little blood. Kilis. I look around but no more traces of dwarf.

I follow the way of the river and eventually find more Orc bodies. I continue down slowly and see them. All the dwarves and the little hobbit. As I'm about to run over, I see a human with a bow. He points it at Ori. Before he can shoot, I jump right in front of him and roar. He shoots me right in the foot. I whimper and fall. Kili screams my name and attempts to throw a rock at the human, but he shoots it out of his hand.

I turn into my human form and wince in pain. Thorin runs over to me and inspects my foot. He then begins to patch it up. Balin talks and asks the human if we can use his boat.

When Thorin's done fixing my foot. He caresses my cheek. "Are you alright Ana?"

I nod. "I'm fine."

He then stands and helps me up with him. "Did Thranduil hurt you?" He asks. I shake my head no. He sighs in content. "Good. I thought he would have."

I don't think Thranduil would have hurt me, or anyone if they were in my place. Would he have?

I hug Thorin tightly. "I'm glad you all broke out of the dungeons. Were any of you hurt?" I ask.

Thorin sighs. "Yes. Kili was shot with an arrow by an Orc. But I'm sure that he will be alright." He says with a slight smile. I look over to Kili who's trying to stop the bleeding from his leg. I walk towards him.

He looks up at me and frowns. "I'm fine." He says sternly.

I bend down next to him and look into his eyes. "Are you sure Kili? You look to be in pain." I say sadly.

He frowns even more. "I said I'm fine Anastasia!" He shouts. Everyone looks at us concerned.

I back away from Kili and look at him sadly. He realizes what he did and shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"No," I interrupt him, "it was my fault. I was getting into your personal space when I shouldn't have. I'm sorry." I say with a slight smile.

He smiles sadly at me then continues tending to his leg. I look around at everyone and see the hobbit. I run over to him. I pick him up off the ground and hug him. "Oh little hobbit! I'm glad you are alright!" I yell happily. He starts laughing.

I put him down and smile. He smiles back. "Yea I'm fine. I snuck into the castle when I saw you guys get taken. They didn't even see me." He says matter of factly.

I hit him lightly on the back in a playful manner and laugh. He wheezes. I must have hit him to hard. I laugh a little more at him.